Think geek and The Autistic Self Advocacy Network join up

Yay! :happydance: I love that website. Off topic but I saw that you wrote that you were on the spectrum. I think my oh might be. I sent him on online test that I did just for fun and he tested as autistic, obviously that's not a good way of knowing for sure.
These are some of the traits he has:
- above average intelligence
- gets fixated on things
- not very good interpersonal skills
- finds it hard to think about how people might react to things and sometimes causes him to accidentally offend people
- he is obsessed with maths
- he loves making anagrams and sees patterns in everything
- when around a big crowd of people he can become overwhelmed and very introverted
I love him to pieces and it's his differences that make me love him so I'm really not worried but would like to know if you think that he may have some small degree of autism?

If he is concerned he may see a psychologist. but maybe he is just a introverted Mathematics geek ;)
They are the only ones who may be able to tell for sure ;)

I don't think there's any need for a psychologist, it doesn't cause him any major problems. Maths geek is a likely answer :haha: thanks!

I was under the impression that ThinkGeek had supported AutismWeeps (er... Speaks) at some point, which makes me mildly surprised to see ASAN collaborating with them. Maybe I'm misremembering? If they've pulled their support for AutismWeeps, then yay, I'm happy to support them again.

I want one that says "I can look at you or I can listen to you. Choose wisely, for I cannot do both." :)

Yes they were at some point last year, but they didnt know that autism speaks had such a negative connotation to many. (lots of negative comments on that too in their original post) , So I think it is great that they team up with the ASAN now.

Agreed... if they've swapped sides and now support ASAN instead? I'm happy to be able to support them again. I like ThinkGeek's stuff, I just wasn't going to support them while they gave money to AS.

Yes, it was just a monthly thing- they did in may or so- I think (as the general public) they weren't aware of their bad image , so it wasn't like they always supported them and now made a face-heelturn- They did obviously see all the unhappy comments on their facebook site so it is good to see they support someone different this time around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->