Think I have to give up on cloth at night ....

ellie

Mum to Kalden
Reaction score
:cry: its just not working, everything I try leaks or makes him uncomfortable!
The other night he had a TB stretchie with 2 boosters and a brand new ME wrap, that didnt leak, but all my other wraps do seem to now. but he was wide awake and uncomfortable at 4am because he was wet (even though I lined it with fleece, it still gets soaked up round the sides)
The night before I tried a BG V3, lots of people find that works well right? I stuffed it with 2 flip inserts (1 of each), surely thats bombproof? Within 2 hours he was hysterically distressed because it had leaked up his back and through to the bed (not sure how).
Last night he was in a sposie and just seemed so much more comfy and more able to roll about like he likes to do, and no leaks. Humph ... I just got a new bedbug as well, but too scared to try that now!

Ah no, I think some babies are just very heavy wetters overnight and without stuffing so they couldn't move there's not a lot you can do :hugs: xx

Sorry Katy, I have to disagree. It does sometimes take time to find the right nappy for a heavy wetter but there's usually something out there for every baby and when you get the right nappy, they're not too huge!

TB Stretchies are good for standard wetters but I wouldn't risk them for a heavy wetter. With BG V3s, well I wouldn't trust them either for anything other than a light wetter. Things like pockets aren't really the best for nights. Most specific night nappies are fitteds with a wrap over the top. I think most people with heavy wetters end up going for a fitted with wool over the top, though PUL can work too.

Leyla is a heavy wetter and I found that bedbugs weren't great as they are stuffed with microfibre which isn't great for holding lots. They are also quite slim in the crotch so tend to gape when stuffed a lot. They are trialling Bedbugs Plus though, so that might be good.

For us, what works are Weenotions Night Notions, Ella's House Bumhuggers with a pop-in night booster in the pocket or Puddlekins Silent Nights (those are the best for us), all with wool over the top.

If you're really keen to use cloth overnight, don't give up! Maybe try borrowing some from the library.

i gave up on using cloth nappys at night a while ago but last night put charlie in a bg v3 with a flip wrap over the top and it worked. Charlie is a really heavy wetter and outpees everything but this worked!!

I use a pocket nappy stuffed with a terries nappy as the insert... have never had a leak yet :)

Have you tried fleece soakers or pants instead of wraps? They work great for us at night. Or wool too

I use a pocket nappy stuffed with a terries nappy as the insert... have never had a leak yet :)

Based on Erin's suggestion, I have tried this and it works great :thumbup:

I put the terry inside a naughty baby - no leaks.

When the terry's are in the wash I use 2 MF's and a bamboo booster underneath, occasional little leak or dampness after 12 hours.

Noah is also a very heavy wetter :wacko:

As mo3 suggested, I would try a fleece soaker over. I made one and its fantastic! Since we've done that we've not had a leak and we use BGv3s with 3 inserts. I hope you can come up with something that works so that little man can get a good nights kip. xxx

thanks all. he's now in the new bedbug (bamboo, soaked, washed, worn, strip washed!) with the boosters plus extra bamboo booster plus twice-lanolised disana wool pants. Hiss bum is huge and i had to help him roll over but he is currently asleep and currently dry! Surely that should keep it all in ??? we will seee....
OH laughed at his huge bum and i said i was trying everything and he said well disposables work dont they? :dohh:

Aww bless him with his big bum! I love it when Laylas all padded out for bed! Her butt is mahoooosive!! Hopefully it will do the trick though. It may be better in a month or so when he can move about more by himself, that way he'll be able to get comfy without you needing to roll him over :D Let us know how it went in the morning :D xxx

well no leaks! (altho just starting to come through after about 11 hours). think he was starting to get the hang of rolling with his weeble bum, since he was doing it alllll night!!! :wacko:
should i try my only wnnn tonight i wonder? would fleece work over that? or wool?

newport - where's you?

We're in sunny Pembrokeshire.. So a few hours away! Damn was thinking we could have a wales NP meet! :happydance:

well no leaks! (altho just starting to come through after about 11 hours). think he was starting to get the hang of rolling with his weeble bum, since he was doing it alllll night!!! :wacko:
should i try my only wnnn tonight i wonder? would fleece work over that? or wool?

Thats fab! I'd say go for it with the WNNN. And maybe stick to the wool if thats what he had on last night? They you know for sure that it wont leak.

newport - where's you?

We're in sunny Pembrokeshire.. So a few hours away! Damn was thinking we could have a wales NP meet! :happydance:

Thats fab! I'd say go for it with the WNNN. And maybe stick to the wool if thats what he had on last night? They you know for sure that it wont leak.

I love pembrokeshire!! not too far away really?? somewhere in the middle?? anyone else in s.wales too?

i chickened out as oh said he'd be too hot ... poo. Maybe i'll try tomorrow when its meant to be a bit cooler .......

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->