Think I may be further along than I think? Please help

Skywalker

Reaction score
Hi ladies, quick question. I tested positive on a wondfo January 2nd, confirmed by later BFP's on other wondfo and FRERs. I'm a POS addict and kept peeing on sticks and lost count of my BFPs, probably around 7 or 8 now, various brands, wanted to make sure the lines were getting darker (they have been) etc.

However, according to my cycle length and OPKs, I ovulated around Dec 24th or 25th, and wondfo's are not known for their sensitivity, so how could I have tested positive on wondfo's and a dollar store test so early?

I almost am starting to suspect that I conceived the cycle before, around Thanksgiving, because though I seemed to get my period, I believe it only lasted two or so days, and I have an undeniable bump now. This is my second pregnancy so I have heard that can happen sooner but barely six weeks seems extreme and I'm aware the majority of it is probably bloat, but it doesn't seem to be all bloat. Based on my Nov LMP, I'd be 10 wks, based on my LMP from Dec, I'd be going on 6 weeks.

I'm still waiting for my healthcare plan to be finalized and based on the Dec LMP I'm not even 7 weeks yet (when scans start) so I don't have the benefit of a scan to get in there to establish the actual gestational age. It's starting to drive me crazy with curiosity and I'm wondering what you ladies think. Thank you!:hugs:

I guess its hard to tell, but I did get a BFP 9 DPO on a dollar store test it was super faint. Was the first test super light? My 10 DPO test was already darker. Perhaps you ovulated a day or two earlier?

If it was a faint line, it may have been an EVAP. I've taken hundreds of pregnancy tests in the course of six pregnancies and I have come across EVAPs on cheap tests that had colored lines. One time I was super convinced that I was pregnant that month, only to get a BFN a couple days later. I know you said they couldn't do an ultrasound yet because it is still possible you're only 5 weeks, in which case they wouldn't see much yet, but can you get betas done? The doctor's office can usually do that same day, it is an in/out procedure that is done by a nurse and typically doesn't require an appointment.

I got a BFP on 2nd jan too - ovulated 25 December.

I could only get a very light line on a frer - a standard test was negative (although I did look at the standard test a few hours later and there was a light shadow but not BFP).

Did you test at all after your november period or was the first test 2nd jan?

I would try to get a scan if you can

With my first pregnancy I got a super light bfp on an IC and I thought I was 10 dpo but after ultrasounds I was actually 7 dpo when I got my first positive. So it can be possible that you are only 6ish weeks. Nothing is really accurate until hcg bloods or ultrasound

I'd say you ovulated on/around the 24-25th and got your bfp on Jan 2nd.
It's actually not very common to have a period without other symptoms.
Before my bfp (which was ridiculously dark!!) I did have a TON of symptoms, including full on vomiting at 4.5 weeks, and thought back about my last period which was light and only a day or 2, but I'm measuring based on my latest period and just have really strong hormone levels.

Okay, good to know! My early BFP's with the wondfo's and dollar store cheapie test were not evaps, they were faint colored lines that showed up right away, not after the time limit, and then I had a super faint line on a FRER, then waited a few days and got a 3 pack of FRER's and did one a day, all positive, all got darker each time, and the day before yesterday they urine tested me (not blood tested) at the dr and it was just a standard test and was positive, so anyway point being I don't think the early positives were evaps. But I am glad to know that others got positives on them early, as well! I didn't realize they were sensitive and able to pick up that early!

Right now I don't have healthcare and am in the process of applying (that's what the urine test the day before yesterday was for, it was a pregnancy center and they had to verify the pregnancy before move forward with providing me with resources, helping me apply for health coverage, etc.) Once I have it, I can see a dr and get a blood test and scan, but was at least happy to have a urine test independently confirmed as positive (came up dark right away) by a stranger! :happydance:mood

So anyway, from the sounds of it, I'm probably 6 weeks. I can't wait to have healthcare and pick a dr and get a blood tes and scan to know for sure but your answers were very helpful!

Just an FYI on the blood test...some women just have high hormone levels. I had my hcg blood level done at 4w6d and it came back at over 18,000, which would have suggested I was almost 2 weeks further along. I wasn't. I just had high levels. Just putting this out there bc sometimes you can't tell anything with the blood level either. Hope you get in soon for a scan!

I got a BFP on an IC at 10dpo, and it was faint but definitely not an evap (I went out and got a FRER right after and got a stronger line) so definitely possible. It was the first day I had tested, I think if I had tested with a FRER or maybe even an IC beforehand I probably would have got a positive result as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->