Think I'm out

LavaPanda

Reaction score
Just back from the hospital after being kept over night.

Been having bad cramping and severe vomiting and I thought it was a miscarriage but been put on treatment for a UTI.

I've not had any bleeding as of yet but all my symptoms have gone and I don't 'feel' pregnant.

I had a scan which showed a small gestational sack, measuring 5 weeks and I swear I am further along) and a thick uterus being 14.9mm and my cervix is closed. But there was no sign of a yolk or fetal pole. I'm back in 2 weeks for another re-scan but I'm just not confident.

Anyone else had a scan at 5 weeks and not seen anything for something to appear later?
Or anyone just have symptoms disappear?

So stressed out :(

:hugs:. What symptoms were you experiencing before? Is it possible what you thought were symptoms of the pregnancy were actually symptoms of the UTI, in which case getting treated would take them away? You're not bleeding and that's a great sign! How far along do you think you should be? I had a scan at about 5 weeks with my 1st (I got moved back by about a week/10 days from where I thought I should be if I remember correctly) due to pain and suspected ectopic, we saw a sac but nothing else. At our next scan the pregnancy was confirmed and we ended up with a healthy LO. :hugs:

I dont have any symptoms aside from sore boobs and that comes and goes.. I havent had anything other than that really.. At 5 weeks we didnt see anything but a sac...as far as im aware that is quite normal. Hang in there!

I know it's hard to be in limbo but try to relax. You're not bleeding and that's a great sign! I had a scan at 5w2d and they didn't see anything, not even a sac. I went back at 5w5d and they could see a sac but nothing in it yet. Pregnancies develop at slightly different rates. Also - symptoms are spotty for a lot of people and often don't develop until 6/7 weeks.

I'm sorry you're going through this, though. It's so hard. I'm glad they were able to treat the UTI as I'm sure that's been quite painful. Thinking of you!

My first scan this time at 5w3d there was literally just a gestational sac. No fetal pole or anything. I had this scan due to recurrent pregnancy loss. I also am prone to uti because I have interstitial cystitis. Like you it worried me something chronic. Pregancy symtoms seems to go. Then at 6w6d symtoms have hit me like a bus! I feel awful :haha:

Went back today at 7w3d and saw baby bang on the dates with a strong heartbeat!

Keep your faith hun. I know how hard that is.
Sending my love and fingers crossed x

I had an empty sac at 5 weeks and posted on here and got a lot of responses saying that's completely normal. And then at my 6 week scan when there was just a yolk sac, I asked if it was normal for there to be no foetal pole and the consultant told me the yolk sac only appears at 5.5 weeks. So you wouldn't expect to see anything more than the empty gestational sac at 5 weeks.
Don't stress too much about your symptoms. My sore boobs disappeared just before 6 weeks and I cried and cried, then they came back (and I saw baby's hb the other day). I think it all sounds like you're still in. Don't believe in your "intuition" that you "just don't feel pregnant" - that is not intuition, it's fear.

To My_Story, I have interstitial cystitis too and have never come across anyone else who knows it! I get a lot of "oh I've had cystitis, have you tried cranberry juice?" NOPE you tried a slap round the face? :haha:

Sorry your not feeling so great at the moment. I had the same issues. I was scanned 2 days ago 5week 1day and no yolk sac just small gest sac. Went today. Yolk sac and fetal pole. Rest up and grow a baby xxx

Oh you guys have cheered me up so much, you have no idea! I am feeling so relived and hopeful, this is why I love this site haha

Still sore, but now i've actually calmed down and taken the medication, the cramping is above the belly button and no below it- so hoping it's not womb related!

Thank you so much :D x

Glad you are feeling better and totally normal to only see an empty sac at this point. The no bleeding is a great sign. Sorry about the uti :(. I also barely have symptoms other than outrageous bloat and the occasional mild nausea and headache. T I also worry because I feel nothing and usually I am a mess. But it's just going good blues. Hang in there :hugs:

I agree with the above PPs that 5 weeks is way too early to see anything. I'd even say that you were lucky to see a sac at this point. Having said this I'm one of the few who never lost symptoms when I miscarried. I literally had morning sickness up to the day - and even a couple of days after - I passed the sac. Granted it wasn't as strong as my previous pregnancies but it was still there. My strongest symptoms didn't start in my viable pregnancies until I was between 6-7 weeks so you've still got some time. I wouldn't count yourself out just yet especially since you're not bleeding xx

Still sore, but now i've actually calmed down and taken the medication, the cramping is above the belly button and no below it- so hoping it's not womb related!

Thank you so much :D x

But just remember, cramping that IS womb related is totally normal during early pregnancy, too. I had early cramping with both my pregnancies. I lost one (though that's not what the cramping was--I had a MMC at week 10 and cramping that was healthy and normal early on) but also had cramping when I was pregnant with my daughter, who was born full term perfectly healthy.

To My_Story, I have interstitial cystitis too and have never come across anyone else who knows it! I get a lot of "oh I've had cystitis, have you tried cranberry juice?" NOPE you tried a slap round the face? :haha:

It just so happens we have the same due date too sweetie!!! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->