Think I'm slightly crazy...

Yazz_n_bump

Me, Fiancé & Jack! :)
Reaction score
....I've decided to give photography.. my third love.. after LO & OH.. another go. :thumbup:

I tried to set up a photography business last year, and was actually doing well for myself. Got a maternity shoot & newborn shoot under my belt along with 10 family shoots. But got into a spot of bother when some lady accused me of never giving her photographs of her newborn son (which I did give to her in person and then in post on 5 separate occasions.. she turned a lot of potential cilents against me with her lies and things got NASTY.)
I stopped doing photography then and my business ceased to esxit, the lady basically scared me out of my love.
Lots of people have told me to get back into in, including OH. And well today I started my maternity leave :happydance: and I'm going to have a little cutie model (LO) to shoot in seven weeks onwards... so I may as well start getting back into it.

I think I'm crazy!! I know a lot of the girls on here love photography so thought we could get a photography chat thread going. :p

Ohh im glad youve decided to give it a go again! That lady sounds well out of order for what she did.

Ohh im glad youve decided to give it a go again! That lady sounds well out of order for what she did.

Ha, I'm not kidding. I had to threaten to get her done with harrasment in the end.. she stopped after that.. I just wish I hadn't done her photos and I'd of never of got that kind of treatment.. worse thing is I did her photos free as a favour lol!! :dohh: Never again!

She still complained like that when she hadnt even paid anything?!

She still complained like that when she hadnt even paid anything?!

Yep! She was like give me the original photos - even though I had given her thirty edited ones which were super nice if I say so myself! She even said how she loved them!! - When I refused and said I don't give them out..

She basically said to everyone that she never recieved the images!! :| Even though I had proof she did?! I re-sent out the images twice all signed delievery and came up signed every time and she still denied she had them.

Then she turned all my potential cilents against me.. :dohh:

And THEN had the cheek to threaten to sue me! She said she was getting legal action involved if she didn't recieve the orginial photographs as... she owned copyright to them...

even though to own copyright to the images she'd of had to of taken themself or brought them off me.. which she didn't... :dohh:

I had to send her the orginial photographs in the end.. and she still harrased me then!! Cheeky mare... so I threatened the police on her for harrasment last week.. not heard from her since but it's been on going since August.

Wow thats ridiculous of her! Shame she ruined it all for you. Will you set it all back up again or just a hobby for now?

Wow thats ridiculous of her! Shame she ruined it all for you. Will you set it all back up again or just a hobby for now?

Yep, I attract all the weridos lol.

I'm not sure, right now probably just a hobby.. well pick up the camera and shoot for a bit seeing as I've not touched it since August and it's looking a bit neglected lol! Think I may try and do some of my own maternity photos and see how I go from there lol.

You interested in photography? :)

Sounds good :)

I used to be. I took it as a subject in school a few years ago but they kind of ruined it for me because there were very limited things to take photos of and they wanted it to be based on things which didnt interest me so it just seemed boring and pointless the way they did it.

Go for it if its somethign you love to do, that women sounds very childish!
I love taking pictures, i used to take loads of my dogs untili had Eva-Jane now i take them of her ill post some on when i have time :D

I managed to keep up photography until about a week before I gave birth :haha: did weddings, commissions and model shoots!
Now I'm on mat leave with max I still do all those shoots, got one next week! Aswell as doing shoots for when I go back to Uni (got the briefs early) and lots of baby photos of max and a few other Los too!

aww glad you've decided to get back into it.
I love photography and I am currently looking into getting a dslr camera so I can get into it a bit more :)

Here is some of mine, no i dont do it professionaly just for fun for family n myself :D
I have a Fuji finepix camera, i still dont no what half the setting are for but it dose me fine :thumbup:
Let me no what you think of the pics please :D

Attachments

• DSCF6066.jpg
    DSCF6066.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 8
  • bride an bridesmaids.jpg
    bride an bridesmaids.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC00124.jpg
    DSC00124.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Hosie.jpg
    Hosie.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC00959.jpg
    DSC00959.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 8
I've set up a facebook photography group where we all help each other with ideas and pics. It's called photography 52 come and join us!

My mum does quite a bit of photography, she's pretty good at it. :)

I love photography, I used to study it at school. Was going to go on to do it at college but done health care instead. Wish I never now

I had a business running during my first year of college, but some of the same things happened to me too. I ended up spending a lot of time talking to other photographers in my area to write up a better and more concise model release. Did you have her sign one? I ended up only getting a couple more shoots in after that before kayla was born, but now I take pictures of her everyday!
https://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/180737_501682018025_529798025_6201749_1485093_a.jpg
https://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/181945_501682103025_529798025_6201753_1484909_a.jpg
https://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/180785_501682378025_529798025_6201762_4871621_a.jpg
Hopefully those photos show up. Im on my phone. RIP my computer

I think you should definitely get back into it! Its a shame one woman caused so much trouble for you but you shouldn't let her keep you from your passion, all the best! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->