Think it's all over for me :*( What to ask?

pinkpolkadot

Reaction score
Hello all. Yesterday I had a suspected mc and just waiting for my scan tomorrow to confirm :cry: I've never been through this before and was wondering if anyone can offer me any advice on what to ask tomorrow at the EPU?

Many Thanks :flower:

Hello pinkpolkadot

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I have had two miscarriages, the most recent of which was Boxing Day just gone at 10w3d.

I don't know your history, but the sort of questions I would have are:

What can they see? The sonographer told me at the first scan that my uterus was full of blood and clots and she couldn't make out the baby. After I had miscarried the baby I returned for a scan two weeks later and she said that the uterus was empty. She also told me that my ovaries, fallopian tube and uterus looked healthy.

As I had not passed the baby at the time of the first scan I asked the nurse whether or not they needed me to bring the baby in to the hospital. She said this was my choice and confirmed that they would incinerate the remains. I chose to deal with it myself at home.

How do they want to proceed? Are they offering surgical or medical management or are they going to let you go home and miscarry naturally?

Do they want to see you again for a follow up scan? If your uterus is empty they probably won't but if there is any tissue left in you may wish to press for a scan to make sure everything is clear. You don't want to be left with an infection.

I'm sure others may have questions they might ask, but hopefully these are enough to start you off.

Pip x

I read your other post, not sure how far you are, I know its really hard to stay positive but i hope your one of the lucky few who just bleed while pregnant and everything is ok.

If the worst does happen (keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't) ask about your options like do you need a D&C, can you do it natural etc. I would also ask if you are going to get blood tests done to check your Hcg levels, i wish i had known about that when i found out about mine. I'm not sure what else you can ask. Sorry i can't be much help.

Good luck :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->