Think I've decided what I want, but what's happpened to Onbag?

dom85

Mum of 2, 3rd on the way
Reaction score
Ok, so after my initial post about being 'interested' in babywearing, I'm now completely sold and slightly regretting the amount I've spent on my travel system!

I definately want a Mei Tai, however after looking at some videos I think I want something like the Moby first as it seems easier to breastfeed in while out and about and it seems a bit more supportive for a newborn, and I might be able to persuade someone to get the Babyhawk for me for Christmas :)

Does this sound right? I want to be able to breastfeed discretely while I'm out but cant find much on this with the Mei Tai.

I asked about what other people do when going out for more than a couple of hours and what you take your stuff in and someone recommended the Onbag to me which looks great, but it seems as though they're not being made at the moment, I've had a look around but cant find them anywhere and there are none on Ebay either. Does anyone know somewhere where I can still get one? Ideally I wanted a black and blue one.

I could try attempting to make one with Mum's guidance as I can barely sew a button on, but has anyone made one themselves? How difficult is it?

Thanks for your help

Here you go hun...

https://www.baba-licious.org.uk/com...tegory_id,68/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,32/

Carriers are down to personal preference tbh but I do think a Moby might be slightly better for a newborn. Have you thought about a Pouch or Ring Sling if you'll be BFing? I LOVED my Moby but sold it to buy a Mei Tai as my LO is now 7 months and heavy!!

What about going to a local sling meet to try some out? I can point you in the right direction if you PM me (can't post links on here) or type in Google 'sling meet'.

HTH's xxxxxx

I think theres a few for sale on www. naturalmamas.co.uk And also some very good tutorials by ladies who have very successfully made there on if your looking for inspiration. You can buy the whole kit for an onbag from the website very cheaply and iv heard great things about how much easier it makes the project :)

Thanks ladies, looks like I will be getting some sewing lessons from Mom!

I've looked at ring slings and they do seem really good for breastfeeding, but I wasn't sure if they would be as comfortable as the Moby?

I may have to wait a bit to go a sling meet, I've had a look on the website and they have a few coming up but I'm being induced in two weeks and I'm not allowed to travel too far at the moment either but I shall keep an eye on the ones in November.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->