Think my waters are going? Eek

wiiwidow

1st timer!
Reaction score
Ok so I have no idea what's going on and am posting from my bed, in the dark on my iPhone so apologies for any random spellings! So I woke up about an hour ago to go to the loo and when I sat up felt like I'd peed myself slightly, sniffed it (as you do) and couldn't smell anything. So put a pad on and went back to bed. About 10 mins later had a tummy cramp and felt another leak down below so went and checked and again it smelt of nothing and is tinged pink. Ok so prob my waters going slowly I'm guessing!

Now how soon do I need to ring labour & delivery? I'd prefer to try and sleep plus have my internet shopping coming tomorrow morning! Idk what to do!! Am not yet in labour tho yet so no rush, hey?
Help?
Am starving too? Normal...?
Eek!!!

just call your midwife sweetness .. sounds like def your waters :hugs: praying for you. Don't worry yourself. And it's gonna be the time of your life!! sorry snooping from 2nd tri and this is my fifth baby.
the midwife will probably tell you to wait for contractions or to come in right away. so excited for you!

Yayyyyy!! I think as long as you aren't contracting it is safe to wait it out.

GOOD LUCK!!!

you could wait it out a few more hours to see if you have to change pads again, but if you have that "this could be it" feeling you need to call your midwife and let her tell determine your next plan of action.

I'd wait until morning, or until your contractions are regular..

Good luck! So exciting!

All I know that last time around this happened to me and it was 9pm so a bit more of a reasonable time to call the MW.. she told me basically to go to bed and relax and try to get as much sleep as possible, and to ring her if anything else happened. She basically told me that there was no clear time frame of when contractions would happen and for me it was quite a bit of time.

Thanks all...I've definitely got vague sporadic contractions but nothing regular yet. Couldn't sleep so have had a shower and something to eat.

My only worry really is when to call the hospital, I know they like to know if your waters have broken and will give you 24 hours before they want to induce you because of infection.

So who knows...I'll ring them in a bit I think, I'd like to get a bit more sleep though! Am knackered already!!

Ooo Good Luck hun!

Hope you are feeling ok. Update us when you have woken up. x

How are you doing hun? :D Hope you managed to get a bit more sleep! Busy time ahead :D xxx

Im guessing it could be waters, but they arent usually pink, more straw
coloured. Good luck! x

Ooh exciting!!! We're due on the same day, so I'm a bit jealous!!

I was told by my mw that although they do like to know the time that your waters break, so that they know how long it's been since, it's not such an emergency that you need to call them the minute it happens if it's the middle of the night. Only if your waters look like they might have meconium in them (i.e. are greenish). She said just call in the morning and they'll probably tell you to wait until your contractions get close enough together and regular before you come in.

Hope it's all going ok and you managed to get a bit more sleep. I'm having BH in sympathy now! :D

Oh great news and even better a week early. Good luck keep u's all updated :hugs:

Hey All,

thanks for your comments :) have just woken up again and things have calmed down somewhat, phew!

Still need to ring the hospital and let them know, but I've had no big gushes since, just little trickles so not totally sure what's going on!

No contractions yet though, so am hobbling around on my crutches to the best of my ability trying to get something started!!

Anyway will keep you all posted xx

Ooh exciting!!! We're due on the same day, so I'm a bit jealous!!

I was told by my mw that although they do like to know the time that your waters break, so that they know how long it's been since, it's not such an emergency that you need to call them the minute it happens if it's the middle of the night. Only if your waters look like they might have meconium in them (i.e. are greenish). She said just call in the morning and they'll probably tell you to wait until your contractions get close enough together and regular before you come in.

Hope it's all going ok and you managed to get a bit more sleep. I'm having BH in sympathy now! :D

Hey there...thanks so much for the advice above, that was exactly what I was not sure about!!

xxx

soooooooooooo jealous! i want my turn! xxx good luck xxx

Off to hospital to be monitored in a bit! Just unloaded the internet shopping and think that may have started things...eeek!

Still leaking!

Ooooo how exciting hehe.. Good luck sweetie. Hope this is it for you :) Keep us updated eekkk x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->