Think my waters broke.. dont know for sure..

Kmx

Reaction score
I just dropped my OH off at work, made a cup of tea and then came back to bed. I was sitting in bed about to go on laptop when i felt a sudden gush. It soaked the bed and my trousers so i ran to the toilet and i done a pee. I really dont know if i just wet myself :blush::blush: or it was my waters. Im so embarrased if it it urine although i didnt have the urge or anything. Ive got a pad on and heard if its my waters it will keep coming so got my fingers crossed.

Dont want to text OH or my mum just incase yet,....

How exciting!

How far along are you? Did u feel like you needed a wee before it happened? X

im 3 days over my due date. i really dont want to get my hopes up then it turns out i peed myself lol.. im lying down just now hoping some more comes then if it does im going 1 be sending OH one excited text msg lol fingers crossed xxx

and no didnt really feel like peeing but i pee so often it can be confusing lol. i just wish there was a sure way of knowing. i dont want to get every1 excited then its nothing lol

Awww... Just keep an eye on it Hun. Maybe give the hosp a call if ur confused x

Its your waters hun - this time last week I was in exactly the same shoes - its your forewaters. Basically I went to the toilet for a wee wee - I finished - wiped myself - stood up - and then a gush came out - at first I thought oops I hadn't finished my wee but then I knew that it was my waters - I also had a 'show' as well. The rest of your waters will break during labour - trust me there are loads more to come - you will most probably get a trickle throughout the day like me. Call your L&D and they will advise you. For me I went in - they confirmed my waters had broken and sent me home for 24 hours hoping that I would naturally start contracting - and if i didn't then I would be going in to be induced - which is what happened to me - its all exciting xxx

Its your waters hun - this time last week I was in exactly the same shoes - its your forewaters. Basically I went to the toilet for a wee wee - I finished - wiped myself - stood up - and then a gush came out - at first I thought oops I hadn't finished my wee but then I knew that it was my waters - I also had a 'show' as well. The rest of your waters will break during labour - trust me there are loads more to come - you will most probably get a trickle throughout the day like me. Call your L&D and they will advise you. For me I went in - they confirmed my waters had broken and sent me home for 24 hours hoping that I would naturally start contracting - and if i didn't then I would be going in to be induced - which is what happened to me - its all exciting xxx

oooh i really really hope so.. that has got me so excited. i may text OH and see what he says. thanks for that xxxx

I agree, its your waters! Keep the pad on for an hour or so and see if it gets wetter, but either way call the hospital then to ask for advice. I would get bouncing on the ball, or go for a walk, though don't go too far from home and bring your phone :)

That is definitely your waters, probably just the forewaters. You should call your labour ward as they may ask you to come in so they can examine you.
Good luck x

thanks everyone.. i smelt it and i think i may smell urine :( i dont know wether or not its just my mind playing tricks...

I might call them to see what they say. my mum and oh are my birthing partners but i dont really want to call them until after i have been upto hospital to confirm incase it is just urine. but i know they will be angry with me for not letting them know..

its been about an hour and not had any further leaking.. do u know if i should continue to leak?

thanks girls for ur replies x

The hospital can do a simple swab to confirm either way. Its nothing to be embarrassed about and they see it every day!

I thought my waters went with ds, my knickers kept getting wet, I had to keep changing them. Didn't smell of wee. They said it wasn't my waters though, just discharge in my case (mine didn't gush) but I was really glad I went and got checked.

definately your waters!
good luck !

I would definitely go and get checked. Im not sure if it's the same where you are but here if the baby hasn't come within 48 hours they induce you as once the waters break infection can get in.

Thanks everyone i have called and left a message as it said all the midwifes were busy and asked for a call back. The more i smell it the more i think... Urine but i have texted my OH and hes very excited lol. I really really hope this is it! Will update once they call back.

Should smell quite sweet if its waters and,well,you know what wee smells like!

Well that's me finally home. They midwives were really really nice. Done an internal which was quite uncomfortable and unfortunately waters are still intact :(:( yep so it's confirmed I wet myself :( lol. Since when does that happen to a 20 year old?!! Lol. Modwives were lovely though and didnt make me feel silly at all. When I went they found protine in urine and high blood pressure so I was hooked up for about 2 hours and blood pressure gradually fell. Also got blood taken and all came back fine. So quite glad I went in even though it turns out it wasn't my waters I would have been worrying all day. It prepared me a bit aswell as what it's going to be like when I go. Actually quite nervous now. Quite disapponted as baby Is only just 1/5th engaged. Think I'm gonna be waiting a while. Baby was kicking like mad at the monitors on my stomach lol. They said If I have any concerns to call again and she reassured me it happens quite a lot with woman (don't know if she was just saying that haha).

Thanks everyone so much for your replies. Hopefully I won't be waiting too long xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->