think todays the last of my breast milk!

bumpsmum

Mummy to Matthew & Daniel
Reaction score
Hi all

:hissy::hissy::hissy:

My milk has been drying up the last week or so and just managed to scrape by with enough for all of Matthew's feeds - he was 6 and a half weeks early and gets EBM trying to establisg BF so every other feed is a bottle to build up his suck reflex etc but sitting here trying to express and getting next to nothing! not even sure I have enough milk for next feed he's already had 2 bf's since 6am needs a feed every hour that way as it tires him out and he does not take a lot so next feed kind of needs to be a bottle - think dh going to have to go out get formula just in case! HV coming today hopefully his
weight is ok. Have tried all the usual tricks - skin to skin, more bf's, started taking Fenugreek on Sat but think its still too early for it to take effect - HELP!! I desperatly want to continue bf even if i have to express only to give him the best start in his tiny life x

Not sure what to sugest if you have tried most things. :shrug:

I had the same last week...couldn't express for love nor money! Spent ages trying and got so stressed as so little was coming out.

BUT Poppy is still getting loads of milk when i BF - and in fact has piled on the pounds this last week, so have ditched the expressing for now as it was just stressing me out, and giving a formula feed at night instead.

maybe your milk is fine when matthew feeds for himself??

Not sure what to suggest if you have tried everything!! Well done for your persistance :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->