thinking about gender

brittany12

Mommy x’s 2
Reaction score
so there are like 6 of us total pregnant right now that I can think of and are due at like that same time..

3 of them have found out gender already: a boy, a girl, a boy

one finds out on 9/2 and the other will find out probably after me... after just finding out the second girl is having a boy I just know now that I'm having a girl! I have had my heart set on boy for the past few weeks now that I'm scared i'll be so upset if they say its a girl. I know my DH really, really wants a boy and I think that is why I have gotten my heart set on boy too.

I know we will love baby no matter what and we'll be happy as long as he/she is healthy, but I'm just nervous about feeling any kind of disappointment.

Me too. I want this baby so bad, and beggars can't be choosers but I want a boy so bad that I'm also worried that I'll be disappointed if it's a girl. I think I'm just preparing myself either way and of course I'm going to love this baby unconditionally no matter what.

I feel the same way! There are 5 of my friends that are expecting around the same time. One of my friends found out girl, and the other just found out boy, while another is also having a boy. I just scheduled an early ultrasound and am really hoping for a boy. I know that I will be happy with another girl, but we have twin girls already, and this is our last baby, so we are really hoping for a boy.

When do you ladies find out what you are having? I'm doing a private gender ultrasound on Sept 13th. I am both excited and nervous!

I haven't decided if we're going to find out early or not. I kind of want to though because I'm a huge planner and I don't want to risk disappointment either if I get set on one (though a healthy baby is a healthy baby of course). When I think about it during the day, it's almost always a girl, probably because I have a girl's name I really like, but whenever I dream, it's a boy. I kind of wish my subconscious would tell me now so I don't have to wait :p

Ha just popping in. Best of luck to all of you finding out in your scans. Hope you get what your heart wants. I will say I think you're crazy, boys are weird and gross!lol. Different strokes for different folks! I'm so glad I have my girls.

We were team yellow with both. Of course I would've been happy either way, but eh Im just not keen on boys ( prolly cause I think my nephew is gross he's 5 lol and the boys in my daughters park district classes always have their hands down their pants or are throwing boogers. Ew!) anyhow I digress. We were team yellow both times first and foremost bc I wanted to experience all of the aniticipation and the surprise then, but secondly if I had found out and discovered it was a boy I would've been disappointed, but I never would've felt disappointed if the baby popped out and a baby boy was placed in my arms. It's just love at first sight, no matter the gender ( at least for me that's how I felt)
Anyhow, I just thought it funny as I was reading this bc I said " ew boys" but that's just because Im used to girly stuff over here... So if you do find out you're having a girl, message me and I will tell you ALL of the wonderful things about having a daughter. :)
Best wishes ladies.
( we are trying for baby num three and I bet I'll get.....a boy!)

Hmm just read that back. Don't think I came across how I meant. Just meant to lighten it up and thought it was funny how I was on the opposite end of you guys. Basically just wanted to let you know that worrying about gender disappointment is normal I think, if you kind of have a preference. Don't beat yourself up, its a natural feeling and of course there are raging hormones so.... Just letting you know I can understand what you're thinking but I can assure you when you hold that perfect little sweet baby, gender won't matter, all that will matter is that they are yours!

And if you are still upset about a girl, I can reassure you they are awesome!

Hope that sounded better.. Truly wasnt trying to downplay boys as I'm sure we will have I one and I will love him all the same. Kinda sounded like that when I read my post, but don't want anyone's feathers ruffled as that's not my intention

I have 2 boys and desperately want a girl. If it's a boy I think I'll be devastated. I know that sounds bad :( how can I stop this feeling. I feel do guilty. I'm just praying for a girl

I wish I knew.. I just keep reminding myself I'll love this baby no matter what obviously and once its over and done with I'll forget about these feelings. Once my sweet healthy babe takes his or her first breath <3
Plus this is only my first so what do I have to worry about..

I am also praying for a boy.... I have my girl and this will be my last pregnancy and I am so so hoping I get a boy... I will be disappointed if its a girl but as long as the baby is healthy that is the most important point.

My sister has 3 boys.. She wanted a girl so bad and when she found out it was going to be another boy she cried she was so disappointed... But she still loves the heck out of him now.

Well there were 9 of us in my antenatal group and 8 had boys. Some were team yellow and some found out. Obviously those that found out knew they were boys so I was convinced the others should be team pink just by probability, but not so!

With my first deep down I wanted a girl, I'm lucky that I have her. This time I don't mind at all boy or girl. But already my mind seems to be saying more that baby is a girl.

I wanted a girl with my first and was a teeny bit disappointed after my scan. Now I wouldn't be without my boy and I don't care which I have this time. I'd love a little girl but I'd also love a little brother for my boy.

I'm team blue all the way so I understand 100%, and this is #1 for me. I have nothing against having a girl at all, I've just been dreaming and praying for a boy. Now I'm sure I'll be just as happy if I have a girl, but I know initially I would be kind of sad (for a lack of better words) that I didn't get my heart's desire, but either way I would still love my baby girl just as much. Totally understand where you're coming from, and I'm sure it's common for women who do have their heart set on gender to experience that.

I was worried about TTC because I didn't want to be upset if baby ended up being a boy, since we both want a girl. People say it shouldn't matter what it is as long as it's healthy, which is true, but I'm still worried about being sad. I've bought a few gender neutral onsies. I'm not sure if I want to find out, but I'm so nosy and curious, I probably will, as long as they are 100% sure. It's hard when you have a preference, but I hope if we don't get what we want, we will be so in love with our new sweet babies we won't care.

Id LOVE another girl, but that's my selfish side, I know DF and my dad will be hoping its a boy. Picked the name out and everything. My gut instinct say's its going to be a girl, think I will be a bit gutted if its a boy but main thing is that he/she is healthy and will be loved more than will ever know. :cloud9:
xx

I completely understand.. I always wanted a boy 1st and a girl 2nd and luckily thats what I got. In my gut I knew my 1st was a boy and I knew my 2nd was a girl but I was so afraid it would be the other way around and I just got lucky I guess.. This time around I'm hoping for another girl and while my gut is once again telling me girl - I'm just afraid I'm wrong lol. I have a special bond with my son and I just want him to be my only boy.. I have a special bond with my daughter too of course but I have always said I want her to have a sister close in age. Maybe it was just meant to be :)

Good luck to you! not much longer till you can find out!

I really want a boy and will be quite disappointed if it was a girl. I'd love the baby either way, but I just don't know how I would handle a girl having no relationship with my Mother- I'd be afraid that I would have a bad relationship with my own daughter.

I understand that! I don't have a relationship with my dad so I'm not sure how i'll act seeing my kids have a relationship with DH! Like I'm excited for them to have something I didn't, but also scared i'll be jealous that I have to share? Sounds completely insane, but its legit.

I think I'm starting to prepare myself more for a girl now so that by the time comes i'll be excited for a girl and if we find out it ends up being a boy then i'll be thrilled too! So I'm definitely talking up all the reasons for having a girl! lol..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->