thinking of booking a private scan

pegi

Reaction score
has anybody had one? i've got my scan on the 24th Jan but dont feel i can wait that long! i had a scan on the 23rd Dec and everything was looking good but im just anxious, ive had more brown discharge and im freaking out! ive got my booking appointment on the 9th jan should i just wait till i've seen her?

I booked a private scan when I was 9 weeks 4 days, and it was wonderful.

I had one at 8 weeks 2 days due to spotting at the EGU, but then worried myself with a Doppler.

It was a good experience, we got to see baby and got a lot of pics. It's very reassuring.

If you feel you can't wait and are stressing about it, I'd say go for it :thumbup:

I have been pondering this myself!! I think I need it to reassure me that everything's ok as my husband and I were told we couldn't have children. My husband is just concerned that if I have this first scan will it stop there and I know what he means! So were both torn now. Whether to wait it out to twelve weeks (Feb 17th) or go earlier!! I can see both sides!!! Xx

I had one at 8 weeks with DD and will with this one too. If all is well at 8 weeks then there is a very good chance it will be at 12 weeks too :thumbup: Though if you've had brown discharge then the EPU at your hospital may give you another scan?

I had one at 10w 3 days and it was soooo worth it. Baby was wriggling around and growing perfectly. Its really put my mind at ease. I have my 12w scan next week at 12+5 and actually looking forward to it as opposed to worrying xx

This has crossed my mind too! Does anyone know what kind of price it is & how you would go about arranging it?
xo.

ive decided im going to do it so got 2 numbers to ring on monday morning, for reassurance scans one place charges £40 and the other £60 both with 2 photographs. i want to be excited about my 12 week scan and i can already feel my anxiety rising so my hope is this would help put my ind at ease and let me enjoy being pregnant x

Thats good prices. The place i went to was £35 and it said they gave 2 photos but i ended up with 5 and they were all so clear x

how far along were you ladies when you had your private scans? was it via the abdomen or tv?

I was 10 week and it was abdominal. I had a scan at 8 weeks with DD and it was also abdominal. Could see hb clearly then but baby wasnt moving or as clear as at 10 weeks. I can post comparison pics if u want x

I am seriously considering an early scan, the only thing putting me off is the price! The cheapest I've found is €99. They do them from 8 weeks though. In my doctors it costs €50 but they only do them from 10-12 weeks but I don't want to wait that long!! My other choice is getting a Doppler but I think that might just cause me more worry.

I think I'll have one as I'm going away to NYC on the day I turn 12 weeks and would like to see the baby before I go. Unless they give me my nhs scan early. But I will probs get one about 9/10 weeks. Has anyone had one with a little tummy podge? I've got some extra cushioning and don't want to spend the money if they won't see anything?

I had one at 8+5 and we saw heartbeats and a little movement and found out it is twins. It cost £90 and started abdo then tv for better pics. Was v reassuring.x

I've just booked one for Monday and I'll be around 8 weeks. I just need to put my mind at ease so I can enjoy being pregnant. It's cost me £50.

Hi ladies, I had a scan today yo put my mind at rest. Im 8+3. It was abdominal and we saw and heard heartbeat. We had loads of pics and saw baby on a 28 in tv screen.
In the Uk we used babybond and paid £99. Its quite expensive but I think worth it for peace of mind x

I found a company in Leeds called Meet Your Baby, scans are £69 with 2 prints & a cd of pics. Has anyone used them or know of a good place in Leeds or round abouts?
xo.

I booked a private gender scan for January 25th. I absolutely can't wait to find out the gender and my anatomy scan will be 21/22 weeks (Start of March). There is only one place that provides them here and for a 2D it's $100. It comes with pictures and a DVD. I think that it is absolutely worth it. I love seeing little bean on the screen!

I'd love to have a scan tomorrow :haha: there's a place here that does it from 6 weeks and is about £85. The rest are from 8 weeks and between £80 and £120.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->