Thinking that TTC isn't working for me..

dutchessmom

Reaction score
Hi all! Happy to be in your group. i'm a mother to a wonderful boy and recently decided upon expanding my family. I thought that it would be as simple as the 1st time but so far, no luck.. I'm looking into some other options since it has been almost a year. When or how did you realize that it's time to find other solutions like IVF or egg donation?

My 1st took 2 years, my 2nd took almost 2 years, my 3rd right away, and 4th took 4 cycles. Tbh, it probably will happen, just down to whether or not you're willing to wait. Those treatments can get quite expensive and sometimes don't even work the first couple times.

It wouldn't hurt to get your hormones checked and everything. If everything comes back normal, then it's just a matter of time.

I’d also go in to see your doctor and they can recommend when it is best to start thinking about other options. It may be a simple fix if something is up.

My 1st took 2 years, my 2nd took almost 2 years, my 3rd right away, and 4th took 4 cycles. Tbh, it probably will happen, just down to whether or not you're willing to wait. Those treatments can get quite expensive and sometimes don't even work the first couple times.

My main concern is that I'm 43 and have been TTC for a year now. I just don't want to feel like I'm "wasting" some good years insisting on something that perhaps isn't meant to happen again. Yes these treatments are quite expensive although I have found some reasonable clinics which seem to have a good reputation. I'm doing some research for now to be prepared for anything.

I’d also go in to see your doctor and they can recommend when it is best to start thinking about other options. It may be a simple fix if something is up.

I've had several blood tests done and so far there is no indicator as to why I'm not able to conceive, especially since it's happened once already. I'll be seeing a dr next week to discuss some options! My husband got tested too and everything looks good!

Thanks for the suggestion.

Hi all! Happy to be in your group. i'm a mother to a wonderful boy and recently decided upon expanding my family. I thought that it would be as simple as the 1st time but so far, no luck.. I'm looking into some other options since it has been almost a year. When or how did you realize that it's time to find other solutions like IVF or egg donation?

We ended up going the fertility route twice and both ended up in natural pregnancies. I have one son and just miscarried a baby on Christmas Day and were in the process of working with the OB to try again. My former fertility dr told us to forgo any fertility treatments this time and stick with having the ob guide us. He said too much stress from fertility treatments was what caused things to go nuts.

We ended up going the fertility route twice and both ended up in natural pregnancies. I have one son and just miscarried a baby on Christmas Day and were in the process of working with the OB to try again. My former fertility dr told us to forgo any fertility treatments this time and stick with having the ob guide us. He said too much stress from fertility treatments was what caused things to go nuts.

This makes sense, stress if an enemy in cases such as this one! I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. How are you feeling now? When do you think you'll TTC again?

Hi ladies! Thought I'd come back with an update for you all! I've been looking into egg donation, trying to gather some information around that.
I find it helps me de-stress to look for other solutions, even I don't move forward with them.
Thoughts on egg donation?

I personally would just keep ttc. If everything looks good, then statistically you'll end up pregnant again, just need to wait.

I personally would just keep ttc. If everything looks good, then statistically you'll end up pregnant again, just need to wait.
I'm still toying with the idea, technically we're still trying! :lol: And nothing is really happening atm due to covid so I'm just considering options. If it happens naturally, that's great. But I do want to have a plan B in mind.

Thank you for sharing!

I’m not sure about egg donation but I’m like you... I want to know all the options. It makes me feel more in control. I’ve even looked into adoption incase the whole ttc thing doesn’t pan out for us.

It took 6 years with my current partner to get our lovely son.
But I'd tried before that too, in a different relationship - so maybe 10 years waiting.

When we realised it wasnt happening for us, about four years into those six, we sought help. A lot of tests, six cycles of clomid, and we had just got an IVF referral after docs decide it was never going to happen naturally for us.

Well, exactly one month after our initial IVF consultation, while waiting for my next cycle so we could have the relevant scans and get started... it just never happened. I was about two weeks late and I blamed the stress... but nope, completely natural BFP and I have a happy healthy 15 month old boy now - plus another on the way!

There is almost always hope.

Egg donation is great if your happy to do that as you will help others who are also wanting a baby but need an egg doner. It will also bring down the cost of your treatment if you decide to go down that route. Completely your choice. Good luck with whatever you decide:)

Egg donation is great if your happy to do that as you will help others who are also wanting a baby but need an egg doner. It will also bring down the cost of your treatment if you decide to go down that route. Completely your choice. Good luck with whatever you decide:)

Thank you very much for the kind words and support!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->