Third Anomally scan, normal?

Emma1980

Mummy to Finley
Reaction score
Hey ladies

I've had 2 anomally scans so far and both have been incomplete due to baby not rolling on to his belly, the sonographer said that she has every measurement she needs and they are all perfect except he wont lie on his belly so she can get a clear shot of his spine, she can get the side views, but ideally they want the three views..... so i'm back in for another scan in a weeks time

How common is this?

I dont mind of course, i'll have a scan every day to see my little boy, but people keep commenting on how strange it is and i'm wondering if theres something theyre not telling me? :flower:

I have my 2nd scan on Monday for the same reasons. I'm not worried at all as I've heard a number of people have had to go back so it must be very common. We must have over active babies lol x c

I wouldnt worry hun to be honest, I have heard of a few people who have had to go back a few times due to baby being naughty.
I had mine on friday and have to go back on wednesday for a more detailed scan due to then finding a cyst on my little girls brain but said it could be nothing. Also if we wernt having to go back for that we would be going back anyway because my little girl was being naughty, every time they went to check the heart she moved.

There was another girl in before me had to wait to go in again after me but was unsuccessful again and had to make another trip back.

I think it is pretty common as u cant make baby do what they dont want while they are in there,hehe. I really dont think its a case of then keeping something from you either hun. I wouldnt worry. Just enjoy the advantage of getting to see LO more than other people! hehehe :hugs::hugs: xxx

i nearly had to come bk with archie and with this 1 as she cus get a clear view but i sed id go for a walk and come bk she just* managed to get it lol stubborness that all hun dont worry urself xxx

Thanks ladies, i was pretty sure it was okay, it was just everyone elses questioning that worried me, pics get clearer and clearer every time, love it! but i will be broke soon LOL

I had 3 anomally scans because connor was just being stubborn and wouldnt move to were we wanted him to

I had two because baby was on its tummy and wouldn't roll over. Head was right down in a corner where they couldn't see the brain at all. It hadn't moved much by second scan but they just managed to measure the brain. I'm sure they would tell you if they were worried. Hope it's third time lucky.:hugs:

I have scan no 3 coming up as baby was sturborn, couldn't tell the sex nor do all the measurements at my last scan.

I think if there was something wrong they'd be asking a doctor or someone else for a second opinion so I think you'd know if they'd found something.

Yeah i agree, if something was wrong they would send you to other places and have other people coming to see etc. He may be a stubborn baby, but least you get to see him a lot!! :D good luck!!

usually they would tell u to go for a walk, eat something sweet etc to get baby moving. ive been told to do both to get baby is right position, ive had my belly poked and shaked about and had to cough really hard to try and get it to move :p lol

oohh isnt it amazing I never knew this just assumed all was plain sailing lol - how naive.

ps omg how many times will I have to go back trying to measure two little wigglers lol

maybe you'll be okay if they wriggle, mines just a lazy stubborn bugger who would not move no matter what position she had me in lol

i had 2 anomally scans everything was perfect just that there was limited view of his face

Got my second anomoly scan this friday coming as Ruby was being a little gymnast and they couldn't get a good look at her heart, spine or mouth. Little rascal ha ha!! But I'm happy cos it just means I get another look at her :D

yeah i was happy for the second one, now ive got my third on monday, i wonder if i can get him not to move for them again so i hafta come back each week til hes born? lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->