Third trimester sex?!

lcmorla

Reaction score
So our sex life is basically non-existent. My poor boyfriend. Poor me too. I have needs!!! Everything is just so uncomfortable now!

So what positions have worked for you and your OH?

Ugh, I'm third trimester w triplets. We were having sex until about 27 weeks when I was measuring 41 weeks, so it's still possible. We were mostly missionary, as the pelvis moving made other positions too difficult. My dh shows NO interest now that I'm as big as a house at 29. I don't see how we could, anyway, but I would love some attention, still. Feel hideous.

Wow redbean- triplets!! That's fantastic :)

As far as positions go.. Missionary is quite painful for me and so is doggy. I've been utilizing backwards cowgirl as its the only thing that doesn't have me in constant pain :p

Easiest position seems to be him laying flat on his back and me sitting on him. Sorry tmi. I'm currently 34 weeks. I have to say we don't have sex very often anymore either. Maybe once every 3 weeks. I don't feel he is very attracted to me at the moment either. I've gained 50 pounds and all I do is complain about my nausea and sore pelvis. But on the rare occasion I feel up for sex, I put the moves on him and he does respond. Not exactly flattering for the ego but at least i'm getting some once in a while!

This has just begun to get a little complicated for us, but it's not because of my belly or anything. It's because of some sort of dryness that I can't quite figure out.
We have to start in a sort of sideways position. I don't even think it has a name. I prop myself up on a few pillows so I'm not flat on my back. But I am on my back. And he is on the side. It's the only comfortable way for me to start. Otherwise, I get dry and cannot continue.
There have been times when I have ended up on top, which works just fine but I absolutely cannot start that way or my body just shuts down on the whole idea.
We also do it in a spooning position that works as well. There are probably other possibilities, but we go with what works.

Me and my OH usually go for the spooning position, I've found that it's most comfortable for me.

Right at the end of my first pregnancy we had a lot of sex to try and get labour going. I found the best position was reverse cowgirl.

I was just thinking about this today after me and DH DTD. I was extremely uncomfortable but it felt good so I didn't want to stop, Lol, but I had to stop and catch my breath a few times Lol. That was missionary though. I'm thinking that may be the last time that we do it like that! Probably do some sort of side position or doggy.

We DTD like everyday before getting pregnant Lol, Now, it's more like once/twice a week, but we still have "fun" in other ways;)

Sorry TMI:p

I really miss "regular" sex though!

We haven't been doing it much but picked up again this weekend. On top does nothing for me, I feel like my belly is completely in the way, although he says not. It hurts my hips now too. Missionary is out for us right now. Behind is still good and spooning is still on our list haha!

We've had a series of difficulties trying to DTD over the last few months! First, my husband had knee surgery so he couldn't put weight on his knee for months, made missionary impossible! Then, we live on a sailboat and have a really low ceiling over our bed, so by the time his knee was better, there was no more room for either of us to go on top with my big belly! We've both found that a scissors position works best for us both, it's certainly the most comfortable for me.

We haven't been having sex as much as either of us would like, but it's tough with my husband working 3rd shift and me being huge. (Well I feel huge anyway lol) Now that we're past 37 weeks (38) I feel better about me being on top which we couldn't do earlier in pregnancy because I have/had an irritable cervix. So we were using the side-spooning position, missionary, and just last week, we tried something new that worked quite well all around, similar to a PP, started off spooning, but ended up with me on my back, one leg over his hip, other down... but hey, it worked and was probably some of the most satisfying sex we've had the whole 9 months! lol. Now if only I could convince him that having sex all the time now is encouraged............. :haha:

Comfort doesn't really come into it, it's not necessarily the size of the bump - which obviously doesn't help but pressure and aches in vag and labia, pain in hips and inside of thighs, Braxton hicks, baby movements... so it's been pretty lacking since 35/6 weeks for us although not as bad as first tri.
Xx

Good work ladies me and the oh haven't since we conceived !!!

We had spotting early on so didn't want to risk it plus major morning sickness meant no way. As soon as the morning sickness went we started to feel baby moving which put us both off lol.

I'm looking for good positions as when I get closer to the end the oh will have no choice to help get things underway lol

we have dtd more this time around than we did when I was pregnant with ds, for us its me on top or missionary but I do get sore very quickly and I have to put some canestan on to stop the stinging after sex and strangely I always have to sneeze when we are done, no idea why just happens every time :haha:

Backward/Cowgirl and spooning is the only two positions right now that aren't painful for me. Sometimes missionary, if its it's on the edge of the bed. Everything else is just not comfortable and causes too much cramping afterwards.

I miss "regular" sex too in terms of regularity, but I enjoy our "other" stuff too, so I can't complain. Spooning is always our go to, missionary is almost non existent bc DH has to hold himself up for a while in a muscle invigorating exercise as a result on my belly -- we can't get as close as we'd like too :(

Me on top works if he "helps me out" and doggy position is comfortable if he can control himself :blush:

Pregnant sex! Definitely been an adjustment! :shrug:

We have been having sex frequently the entire pregnancy. I had a lul in sex drive towards the beginning of second tri, but it came back with a vengeance, lol. He got freaked out a few weeks ago BC bump is bigger, and he thought it could cause complications with the pregnancy but after a lot of talking I have convinced him that all is fine. He he . I tried getting on top last night and it was quite awkward, belly has gotten too big for it to be in anyway sexy anymore, and so informed me this morning that he thought I was going to smother him, lol. I don't think that I was that close to his face, he he. But we have a lot of success with either, doggie style ( traditional or him standing at edge of bed and me you know) or me o. My back at the edge of the bed and him standing and lastly but not least BC it actually works very well is what some pp's said about the sideways thing, me on my back, so on his side, and there are several positions I can put my legs, both over him with feet behind him, oneleg over him the other down by his feet, or one over and the left one up by his face, or even one over him and the right between his legs, and we also do it sometimes with both of my legs bent resting on his body or one resting and him holding the other one with his hand for added leverage.I know, tmi.....

Ok this is going to sound weird lol but it gives me full control over depth and speed :) and it is super comfortable... not sure if there is a name for it and don't know how we ended up in this position to find it in the first place :blush: Anyways, your OH lays flat on the bed with his legs spread. You get on your knees with your bum facing his member and tuck your legs under his (still bent over). Now this might be difficult for some men, but get him to push his member towards your bits and go you back on it. Once use are 'locked' you will be able to figure it out from their. Sorry very hard to explain and I can imagine the images some of u girls are having in your heads lmao

Missionary still works best for us, as long as he stays more upward than down in my face. We haven't had sex as much as pre pregnancy just because I have cervical erosion and spotting freaks me out - though I haven't had any the last 4 times! Woo hoo. But I'm too afraid to do doggy in case he knocks my cervix more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->