This is gonna sound weird but...

MustBeMummy

Reaction score
Im finding it really hard to sit at the table to eat. I dont know if its my height im 5ft 8 but its my body thats long not my legs lol. When my plate is on the table and I lean over to put my food in my mouth its uncomfortable. I feel like I'm squashing him and hurting my belly.
Ive not really explained it very well but is anyone getting the same thing or am I a weirdo? Haha.

I kinda know what you mean - when I'm at my desk in work and I lean forwards, I get a really uncomfortable feeling like I'm squashing bubs.

Same when I'm eating my tea at the table... I'm having to sit back all the time which then gives me a numb bum!

Bit worrying as I'm only 27 weeks - its only gonna get worse for me though!

I doubt were doing harm to bubs but yeah its like when you squeeze a water balloon - you get a sort of..pressure feeling!

I sit on the sofa to eat now but feel like my plate is about 10 mile away its a balancing act on the fork from the plate to my mouth, safe to say I need a bib!

That's started for me over past few days. Just can't lean forward very easily and feel all squashed. Trying to sit back more, but I'm quite prone to dropping/spilling stuff!! Having soup tonight, that's gonna be fun!! x

Haha I thought it was justme being really strange. Maybe I will get myself one of those bibs that catch the food lol. Least now I have an excuse to sit on the sofa n watch telly while I eat tea lol

I'm exactly the same!!

It got a little better when the baby dropped last week, but to be honest, she's grown so much since then she's right in my ribs again haha. I found that using a lower chair (like an office chair) helped a lot, as I could get closer to the table (our regular chairs sit at the widest part of my bump)

I just noticed this the other day when I was trying to play with our cat, and then again when I tried to eat breakfast, lol.
I've taken to eating on the couch now, but it's so hard to eat like that!

I can't eat on the sofa anymore (been that way for the last month) as every time I lean forward I squash baby and it's really uncomfortable! Fortunately our table seems to be a good height and I can eat there no probs, but it does mean I have to catch up on Dr Who as I can't eat in front of the telly!

i find it hard to eat at the table, not only do i get food all over myself because i cant lean forward, but i cant fit alot of food in there! i find it easier to eat on the couch kinda on my side:)

Oooh I thought it was just me! If I it at the table to eat my bump feels all squashed and I can't reach my plate properly because my belly is in the way.

Sometimes I have to sit on the sofa with the plate on my lap, but the distance from my plate to my mouth is so far that I get food all over myself.... how attractive haha!!

Oooh I thought it was just me! If I it at the table to eat my bump feels all squashed and I can't reach my plate properly because my belly is in the way.

Sometimes I have to sit on the sofa with the plate on my lap, but the distance from my plate to my mouth is so far that I get food all over myself.... how attractive haha!!
Is it wrong that Im chuckling away reading this? Have the exact same prob and yup if I lean back at table my bum goes numb and sitting on the sofa is rediculous trying to eat I feel like I need help getting it to my mouth! Iv started eating my breakie and lunch in the kitchen leaving on worktop as it gives me more room! God knows what will happen in the next 9 weeks xx

Ahhhhhhh - I thought it was just me!

I've started to eat at the coffee table where I can sit on a couple of cushions on the floor. I'm fairly short and stumpy so my plate is fairly close to my chin. Also I can lean in without squishing 'Bump'.

It's not exactly elegant - as I must look utterly stupid - but at least I can shovel in my noms noms without wearing most of it.

... And watch TV at the same time :D

This has just started for me in the past week or so. It's just really uncomfortable to sit! I am also tall (5'10") and have a long torso.

Im so glad u all replied. Hubby thinks im just being difficult im sure. Ive just told him there is two pages of replys to this post with a know it all grin on my face haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->