This is just NOT my year

Abz1982

Mum to 2 nutters!
Reaction score
So first........OH loses his job. Then my horse has to be put down. Then We decide to buy a house and find out I am pregnant...............and now.........I get a phone call to say that my daughters pony that is out on loan is possibly broken as well (not the loners fault though). Thankfully they have insurance so they are getting her x-rayed next week........but I'm freaking out as as I will possibly have to have her back................and I have no where to put her as it wasn't meant to be till next year, and not only that...........there is the possibility she will need regular medication and will only be a lawnmower companion. I do have a friend of a friend who has said she will take her on, as she had one that needed continual care before...............but I am now feeling rotten as LO is going to freak...............she spent a good hour today crying about losing her BeauBo (my old horse) and saying at least she has Millie.....................argh............I think my hormones are making it worse.

The worst thing is..............that if it is bad, then really the only thing to do is out the pony down as just giving her pain killers will only last so long, and for a shetland who doesn't do much, then expensive vet treatments are really over the top.

That does suck! :(
Hope your luck turns around! :hugs:

It sounds like it's been one thing after another for you! :hugs: I hope that things start to improve for you soon! :) xx

Oh babe, :(, Thats heart wrenching it really is, How old is your daughter?

I really do think you are being level headed about this, and although your daughter will hurt because of a lost pony, i think the best thing you can do is be level headed about the situation, as you are doing, and should the worst come to the worst consider euthanization should the pony need long term pain killers, I know that something should be put out it misery if it isnt really miserable and is happy doing what horses do best, but livery is expensive, we have our own land and cant afford to keep anything that isnt fit...

What type of injury has she got? - My missy is "supposed" to be very arthritic and on bute...Neither of which she has had for the best part of a year and isnt at all lame - Please try not to worry yourself until you know the extent of the injury, it may not be so bad!

Should there be no huge veterinary issue, Could your friend take her on for the mean time at a lower cost than standard grass livery until you are back on your feet a bit?

Hope things start to pick up for you soon hun, and congratulations on the pregnancy! :hugs: x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->