This is normal right? (tmi)

A

AppleBlossom

I've got a bit of a cold, started a couple of days ago. My throat is really sore, blocked nose, fever etc. I can't cough properly because it hurts my throat so I've been doing little pathetic coughs now and again.
This morning when I woke up my throat felt really clogged up and I could barely get a word out. Then I coughed (sorry for tmi lol) up a LOT of mucusy stuff. But it had a fair bit of blood in it. It wasn't from excessive coughing because I haven't really coughed at all apart from very lightly. I'm just assuming it's normal though? It's never happened to me before so no idea either way lol

i've coughed up blood before from having a sore throat/bad chest.
i'm asthmatic though (not sure if you are!!) so i always went to get it checked out.
it could be that your throat is sore and you've scratched it a little bit.

could be worth a trip to the doctors though?x

I have done the same when my throat has been really sore/raw.

If you are concerned go and get GP to check it out x

Nope, I'm not asthmatic. I have a lot of problems with sore throats, I get them quite regularly but they usually pass within 3-4 days. I had tonsillitis last year and didn't cough up any blood. I suppose I could have scratched it somehow

if you're coughing a lot it might be quite raw & dry, making it bleed.
ouch :(

I'm not coughing a lot because it hurts too much lol when I do cough it's not violent or anything, I suppose it could even be to do with food that might have scratched it. It freaked me out a bit because it's never happened before! I figured it doesn't mean I'm dying though, I didn't bother Googling this time!

Is there any chance you could have had a nose bleed in the night ?? Coughing can cause the vessels to rupture in the nose and if your nose has bled a little in the night that could explain why your throat felt clogged and why there was blood. x

Nope I don't think so, last night my nose wasn't too bad, I was able to breathe through it all night. I've been sniffing a bit so I could have ruptured blood vessels that way.

yeah don't google.
you'll end up with a brain tumour or something :dohh:

no matter what's wrong with me, i always end up diagnosing myself with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->