This is starting to suck, big time :(

ryder

Mum to Jasmine & Peyton
Reaction score
Last couple of nights she has been so gassy and fussy and crying etc. I was feeding her Enfamil A+ with BM.

I changed to the playtex drop ins and also changed formulas last night. She seemed to quiet down, so I started added the BM in again and she got gassy again...

So now she is on Enfamil Gentlease and hopefully this will work.

She was only having 1 big poo per day, but it looked like it should and she is still peeing alot...

I just feel sooo bad for her, you can tell she is trying to have a poo sometimes :( I really hope she is not going to be a very colicky baby, I was so stressed last night, she cried on and off the whole night and her daddy was at work so I was here alone.

If anyone has any tips let me know! lol I have gripe water already.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: oh honey i'm so so sorry to hear this poor you and jasmine :hugs: the only thing i can think its burping after every oz, i've always done this with maddi. hopefully someone will have better advice :hugs: x x x

Changing formula can give baby constipation so not sure if that would add to your problem right now?

One step at a time giving each a chance x

Maybe the breast milk just isn't mixing well with the formula? I think I remember my friend saying something like that after she had her son, but I can't recall exactly what was wrong.

The new formula is similiar except it has less lactose and more protein to help digestion... It is for gassy babies... other then that everything is identical and they are the same brand...

Thanks guys!

I found that tummy massage would help Bren pass his gas, and pushing his knees up to his chest really helped. It takes a while, but her problem with gas (pardon the pun) will pass once her little system matures a bit. Poor baby girl, I hope she feels better soon!

Sorry you're having a rough time :hugs: Try not to worry about the pooing - Hebe poos every 3 days or so and my HV said thats quite ok for BF babies. If Jasmine is still having BM plus her change in formula might just be taking a little adjusting to.
x

So sorry to hear that you are going through this right now. We has tons of issues with LO crying all night apart from the formula/breast milk issues we found that swaddling (quite tightly) was a huge help and as much as I really wanted to if we could get her to sleep not changing her when she did wake for a feed. It was so hard not to change her but we found it really disturbed her too much and she would actually go back to bed after a feed if we didn't. Hope something here helps. :hugs: I promise it does get better

Lola was quite gassy/upset tummy when she was about 2 weeks too.
I think it has something to do with their growth spurt.

The thing that helped the most was massaging her tummy and keeping a warm towel on it.It cleared up pretty soon :hugs:

You could try giving the breastmilk and formula separately. My baby didn;t have a problem with it all mixed up but the HV was shocked when she found out, said it would make him sicky.

:hug: Can't add much more than the others have said. Laying her on her tummy against your body will also help with the gas or a warm bath.

Lola was quite gassy/upset tummy when she was about 2 weeks too.
I think it has something to do with their growth spurt.

The thing that helped the most was massaging her tummy and keeping a warm towel on it.It cleared up pretty soon :hugs:

Thats good to hear... I hope it doesn't take long for her either.

I had the same problem! I switched to Enfamil A+ Gentlease and its MUCH BETTER!!!!!!! Honestly, the exact same story as you. She is pooping better now and doesn't fuss around all day trying to push it out. :D I hope it works for you!

I had the same problem! I switched to Enfamil A+ Gentlease and its MUCH BETTER!!!!!!! Honestly, the exact same story as you. She is pooping better now and doesn't fuss around all day trying to push it out. :D I hope it works for you!

How long was it before you saw a difference? She was a bit better last night and today...

Probably 2 days and she was back to being her normal self.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->