This is wrecking my head

Lyo28

Reaction score
I posted in the main board a while ago about the fact that I have some excess hair and wondered might I have PCOS.

Well I can't seem to stop thinking about it now. I keeo getting hairs on my chin and sme other places and there must be a reason? I have had them as long as I remember. My doc thinks no pcos and I did have a scan last year and nothing was found. I also appear to ovulate regularly but I have read that you can have pcos and ovulate normally just have bad quality eggs.

I had a blood test after the miscarriage but don't think he was checking for pcos. My oestrogen was low but he said maybe cos I had been recently pregnant. Do you think I should push for more tests? DH wants to murder me with all my worrying, he says as soon as I stop worrying about one thing I need to fins another. He wants to just relax and see what the next few months bring. What should I do?

Hey

I'm sorry I don't have answers but didn't want to read and run.

I think if you're worried you should DEF ask for more tests n investigations! It's ur body u must fight for it! N I know ur other half is just trying to protect u but it's prob the hardest thing in the world to stop worrying and just relax after a MC-it's certainly the hardest thing I've ever tried to do!!

Could u compromise and suggest that if u insist on further tests then that will help ease ur mind so u CAN not worry so much!

All the very best to u
Xxx

I posted in the main board a while ago about the fact that I have some excess hair and wondered might I have PCOS.

Well I can't seem to stop thinking about it now. I keeo getting hairs on my chin and sme other places and there must be a reason? I have had them as long as I remember. My doc thinks no pcos and I did have a scan last year and nothing was found. I also appear to ovulate regularly but I have read that you can have pcos and ovulate normally just have bad quality eggs.

I had a blood test after the miscarriage but don't think he was checking for pcos. My oestrogen was low but he said maybe cos I had been recently pregnant. Do you think I should push for more tests? DH wants to murder me with all my worrying, he says as soon as I stop worrying about one thing I need to fins another. He wants to just relax and see what the next few months bring. What should I do?

I can understand the concern hun... :hugs:

A couple of things~ I think it probably is normal.. I have a little here and there and I've had ALL Of my hormones tested and everything is fine- I think it depends on how bad it is...

After researching a little~ here are some things I found for ya:

https://www.hormonehelpny.com/column/hirsutism.htm

Because I see many women with increased hair growth in my practice, I am often asked how much hair is normal for a woman. There is no absolute answer. Half of American women remove facial hair at least once in a while and ten percent remove it two or more times a week. Many of the women I see in my practice remove even more often. Some even use a razor once or twice a day because their facial hair grows as quickly as a man’s. Heavy hair growth on women is not as rare as people think because women with this unfortunate problem do all they can to hide it. Most never discuss this problem with friends because they feel so embarrassed about it. Women on TV or in movies or magazines never seem to have any extra hair. The reality is different. There are some well known actresses who have considerable growth of facial or body hair but they either wax it off or the camera is kept slightly out of focus – a trick also routinely used to hide wrinkles. Retouching is the rule also.

There is no sharp dividing line between normal and abnormal amounts of hair. Facial and body hair is a very personal matter and so a personal definition is appropriate: hair that is enough to make a woman afraid that it will show is too much. However this does not mean that a medical problem is present.

You said you O and have AF regularly??

I think, however, that whenever you have a concern- esp when TTC- that you should for sure push to get things checked out.. better to know sooner than later..

I went to my OB before we started TTC and thought everything was great and was just going to get a checkup to confirm it was all ok- but then my DH had a poor sperm analysis. Had we NOT gone ~ we never would have known~ and we would have kept on going like everything was fine and not taking the steps to improve it. Wouldn't hurt to go to the doc and push some~ even if for peace of mind! :) :hugs:

Your tests may not have been for PCOS, and the normone levels can be out of sorts for a few weeks after MC.
PCOS is a syndrome where you have to have 2 out of 3 things. The 3 things are multiple cysts on ovaries found on ultrasound, irregular reduced periods and abnormal bloods (raised testosterone/high sex hormone binding globulin). You could still have it with a normal scan but it's unlikely as you have regular periods. It may be worth asking you Dr if he did the blood tests though.

Good luck

Yeah don't think he tested for it as the only results he had for me were for FSH, Oestrogen, TSH, I think that was all he called out. He did say I could go back to him in a few months if something didn't happen and he would do more tests. I might leave it for 3 months and then go back for blood tests again if nothing has happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->