this may be tmi but anyone else suffering from constipation

MYPRINCEssB

Reaction score
I've been miserable all day, and barely able to go at all, had to brake down and actually take some milk of mag to day, still haven't went, all I drink is water so I don't understand but my low belly aches so bad, has this happened to anyone else, the pain has been so bad today i'm actually worried about baby,

I've been staying away from carby things that cause constipation since week 4 when I had it so bad I thought I's rip. Rice, bread, pasta & crackers make it impossible to go. We've been eating loads of yummy salads, clean protein, breakfast shakes with blueberries, spinach, fish oil (can't taste it) and not had a problem since.

You could also try psyllium caps and prune juice but it's just difficult to go #2 when having carby food (or at least I find this). It bungs everything right up!

hey thanks so much, I have deffinently been having digestive issues this go around ill try that and hope for the best

YES! Ive been having problems since about 4-5dpo!!! SO ANNOYING!!! I am now 4w3d pregnant, and still having issues.

Wishing you relief soon !

Mine is made worse by the iron in my prenatal vitamins. My dr put me on a low iron vitamin that also has a stool softener in it. I have a sch so straining would be a bad thing.

Iron binds to calcium, just make sure the prenatal doesn't have calcium in it too and you're not eating yoghurt/milk/dairy with your iron. You can also take the liquid stuff which is much easier to absorb than iron pills. They'll constipated you even while doing everything right. I do the liquid iron in morning shakes or orange juice.

I've been miserable all day, and barely able to go at all, had to brake down and actually take some milk of mag to day, still haven't went, all I drink is water so I don't understand but my low belly aches so bad, has this happened to anyone else, the pain has been so bad today i'm actually worried about baby,

this is what i did when pregnant,,first get on good probiotic...helps with all yummy problems. it balances everything back out..

second if u can do it...8 ounce glass of prune juice

i shit u not...i did shit and kept up with it as nothing helped...it took my my glass of it the next day to work but glory glory,,,,there was relief

kmow lots are afraid to take anything but this is natural :)

and feel betterr

I'm usually the opposite :haha: but today unfortunately I've been more constipated :nope: hoping it passes soon! I've been trying to drink a ton of water to help though.

i suffered alot in first tri, asked midwife for some Lactulose, she perscribed me some, since then ive never been constipated, ive never even needed to open the bottle :)
i read that your body often keeps poo in your body for longer so that the baby can absorb majority of the nutrients in there,
totally normal but very annoying lol

Yes yes yes!! Awful and had poo pains since its getting easier to manage now though xx

i suffered alot in first tri, asked midwife for some Lactulose, she perscribed me some, since then ive never been constipated, ive never even needed to open the bottle :)
i read that your body often keeps poo in your body for longer so that the baby can absorb majority of the nutrients in there,
totally normal but very annoying lol

no, actually your body get constipated because the extra water your body normally carries is hijacked by the baby and also ur whole entire digestive track slows down because ur body is just doing so much it ant keep up...

baby gets what it needs from you not from what you eat right then.....

isnt being pregnant fun...lol im just kidding ttc three yrs i wouldnt care about that much but i just thought this tid bid would be interesting and maybe help out some :hugs:

as i have piles from being pregnant in the past and i know there no fun :nope:

I'm usually the opposite :haha: but today unfortunately I've been more constipated :nope: hoping it passes soon! I've been trying to drink a ton of water to help though.

sometimes when its very bad extra water wont help ya need a bit of a push like prune juice...i found it i hold my nose i can take it..lol but for some reason it works better then eating plan old prunes and faster..i would drink a 6-8 opunce glass before bed and usually by morning i would have to go poop :thumbup:

sometimes when its very bad extra water wont help ya need a bit of a push like prune juice...i found it i hold my nose i can take it..lol but for some reason it works better then eating plan old prunes and faster..i would drink a 6-8 opunce glass before bed and usually by morning i would have to go poop :thumbup:

thanks but some times prune juice dose not work for everybody, I know I have drank a whole bottle when I was pregnant with my DS and it just didn't work the same way extra water and fresh fruits and vegies and whole grain just gave lots of gas and cramping, I asked if anyone else had experienced this when the other stuff just didn't work momentarily, no need in telling everyone what they are doing is wrong because we all know our own body's and what works for us, I ended up this way due to not the best diet just for the fact that food didn't appeal to me at all and I didn't eat right. lol but most of my diet has been dairy also due to cravings, thank you all ladies for you responses I know its not easy just putting your personal business online,

justhoping, its not nice to seemingly bash these people for opinions of there own experiences, you might mean no harm but comes off as being bossy, thank you for your input I might have to see if prune juice will work this time around as all, every pregnancy is different. thank you

thanks but some times prune juice dose not work for everybody, I know I have drank a whole bottle when I was pregnant with my DS and it just didn't work the same way extra water and fresh fruits and vegies and whole grain just gave lots of gas and cramping, I asked if anyone else had experienced this when the other stuff just didn't work momentarily, no need in telling everyone what they are doing is wrong because we all know our own body's and what works for us, I ended up this way due to not the best diet just for the fact that food didn't appeal to me at all and I didn't eat right. lol but most of my diet has been dairy also due to cravings, thank you all ladies for you responses I know its not easy just putting your personal business online,

justhoping, its not nice to seemingly bash these people for opinions of there own experiences, you might mean no harm but comes off as being bossy, thank you for your input I might have to see if prune juice will work this time around as all, every pregnancy is different. thank you

seriously? I didnt bash or put anyone down or say anyone was wrong at all..I just wanted to help...I have been pregnant before and thought this idea MAY or may NOT help people...
I have to say you really just hurt my feelings as i just wanted to lend a hand and in noway did i bash or try and make anyone feel horrible...though im feeling like crud now...:(

and i never said it would work, i just put it out there case someone wanted to know...no harm in it, at least i didnt think there was :(

Hey there! Sorry you are having this issue as it can make you feel ill for days:sick: I went from having diarrhea in early pregnancy to occasional bouts of constipation...I'll take the former rather than the latter any day!

Prune juice did not work for me at all...it did upset my stomach so I had to give it a pass entirely after trying for a few days (didn't want to waste it!) I personally had luck with apples and a good cup of coffee after a long walk. I felt toxic and I thought I might die on that walk but I think maybe it helped? Good luck and hope things get moving for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->