This Week's "I Know I'm Pregnant Because..."

bonniebeams

Reaction score
MAJOR pregnancy brain.

Last night I met up with some family at a restaurant for Christmas and before I even sit down, I manage to knock over an entire cup of ice water all over the table, chairs, and people.

Then on the way home, I got on the freeway going the wrong way and drove for twelve minutes before I realized my mistake.

How do you know you're pregnant this week?

Hahaha!!! That is too embarrassingly funny. Yes, pregnancy brain. It doesn't go away until several weeks postpartum, either. I forgot to put eggs in my cornbread and butter in my peanut butter cookies. Those cookies were like dust. That wasn't too bad. I went to get my 9 month old out of his crib and carried a gift upstairs to wrap. I placed the gift into his crib and then wondered why I was in there. I went back downstairs and heard my baby start crying out for me. Oops. I forgot him. Hahahaha. He was not amused and not one bit happy. The other kids get that I'm going through something, but the 9 month old just thinks I'm the worst parent when I do that kinda thing. Gotta love them.

:laugh2:

I was fortunate in that I didn't get pregnancy brain too much with DD or DS. I do remember the worst of it with DD when I was ordering her reveal cake and I totally forgot my phone number. Like I actually gave them the wrong phone number and it took ages for me to realize that I didn't give them the right number. And even when I realized I gave them a wrong number, I still couldn't remember mine and had to look it up in my phone :haha:

Right now my mind is even boggled as to how I could already be having certain things right now... but I'm flat out exhausted (I'm normally the kind of person who can cope with 2-3 hours of sleep for days at a time and manage). I suffered insomnia with DD and only just slightly more tired with DS, but not much.

I'm very hungry. Unreasonably so.

Crying over everything. Pregnancy is the only time I can laugh and cry at the same time, and not really understand which emotion I'm trying to project.

I feel like it must be in my head as it just doesn't seem possible to be like this so early.

Haha XD that is a good one. I think I'd forget my head if it wasn't attached to my body!

Spunky how early are you? By week 5 I was so tired I couldn't move and I cried for the stupidest reasons so you're probably not too early for that stuff!!!

Spunky how early are you? By week 5 I was so tired I couldn't move and I cried for the stupidest reasons so you're probably not too early for that stuff!!!

Only 3w5d (12dpo) :blush: Yesterday was the first day that I was super emotional, but I've pretty been fatigued since O. I'm guessing it's more progesterone instead of actual pregnancy symptoms?

I know I'm pregnant because I watched Elf and for some reason the line near the end where he says "Don't tell my kid what to do" made me instantly burst into tears...

I just almost cried cuz the Subway I went to for dinner didn't offer BBQ Rib subs and that was what I really wanted.

I know I'm pregnant because I watched Elf and for some reason the line near the end where he says "Don't tell my kid what to do" made me instantly burst into tears...

Oh my gosh I watched Elf yesterday and it made me cry too! The part where they start singing Christmas carols and their Christmas spirit made the sleigh fly!

Today I cried while reading my daughter a book we got her about being a big sister.

Jess I burst into tears at every "big sister" item I see, my husband thinks I'm crazy:haha:

This week I know I'm pregnant because I ate all of my husbands chicken Parmesan dinner from our favorite restaurant and I wasn't even hungry, it just smelt so good.

Because my boobs hurt SO bad.
Because I can't eat dinner without wanting to hurl.
Because I'm so tired.

Zzzz...

1. Because I want nothing more than go back to bed. For the day.

2. I was getting choked up reading the elf on a shelf book to DD. Had to stop a few times so I wouldn't cry.

When you semi ruin holiday dinner because everything tastes weird/different now so you overcheesed the Mac and cheese and over salted the greens :rofl: tastes good to me! Just not anybody else haha

When you semi ruin holiday dinner because everything tastes weird/different now so you overcheesed the Mac and cheese and over salted the greens :rofl: tastes good to me! Just not anybody else haha

:haha:

I mentioned already that I didn't really get pregnancy brain with my first two other than a few incidents.

I'm beginning to think that this pregnancy is going to be a totally different story.

*Friday bought gift cards for 3 family members (it was a 3 pack). Got home and finished unpacking and putting groceries away. In the middle I reminded myself to grab the gift cards so I didn't lose them, but forgot. Finished putting away groceries and remembered the gift cards. Except they weren't anywhere. Searched the car, my coat pockets, all empty bags, and called the store twice. Completely melting down about $68 down the toilet, and then having to go out again in the pre-holiday rush and spend that again. My mom reminded me that I put 2 bags of stocking stuffers in my room (that I totally forgot about). They were in there. She said "yup, you're definitely pregnant" :haha:

*DH and I were wrapping Christmas gifts. It was late evening. I went into a full blown panic thinking I forgot to get my niece a gift. Her gifts were sitting right in front of me.

*We live 5 minutes from my in laws. We were on our way. Right after pulling out of the driveway, DD asks to see santa (I had a picture of "santa" in front of our tree). I handed her my phone so she could look at the picture. 3 minutes later I was, again, in a full blown panic about my phone. I couldn't find it. I felt the seen beneath me and looked down to see if fell down on the floor of the car. Nope. DH asked if I wanted him to turn around so I could go home and get it since it appeared I left it. He had me use his phone to call it first in case it fell beneath something. It started ringing.... in DD's hands. That's when I remembered I handed it to her 3 minutes prior :haha:

:dohh:

This is going to be fun. I was never this bad, and I certainly never had it this early!

All I could eat on my Christmas dinner was the vegetables (minus the honey roasted carrots and parsnips) and the roast potatoes because everything else tasted too rich and made me want to be sick :haha:

I was wretching when I walked into the kitchen this morning and my husband was cooking bacon. BACON!!!! I mean come on!! :growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::cry::cry::cry::cry:

This week it has been crying. I cried because my SO and I had to get up extra early. I cried at the idea of my sister in law having a baby and us not living close enough to enjoy it. I cry at certain songs. I'm making myself sick of crying, lol.

You're crying at great America winterfest because you are simultaneously overheating and freezing, every food smell makes you want to vomit, and you can't go on any of the rides so your family abandoned you. And they lied about petting a reindeer. :cry:

Because the insane but vivid pregnancy dreams are back. Last night I had to go down to make sure my livestock guardian dog hadn't actually killed all the chickens that roost in the barn instead of the coop. Everyone, by the way, was fine--including the dog.

Yesterday after learning about George Micheal passing away I had the song 'careless whisper' going round my head, so I had to play it to get it out my system. On hearing the song I completely burst into tears and proper cried. I'm not even a particularly big fan of his, it just got me!

I now fit back into my bras from when I was noticeably heavier a couple years ago. And I'm always down for a nap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->