Thomson Sensatori, Sharm el Sheikh.

tina3747

Mummy of 2 gorgeous boys!
Reaction score
Has anyone been?
I'm a little worried about taking our toddler, it'll be the middle of July so ridiculously hot. Our friends have been but they're sun worshipers with older kids!

Eeek, Tina...Sharm in July with a toddler? Crazy lady!!!

Ok, so we go to Morocco every summer, July/Aug/Sept time is stupidly hot and if i am honest, the past 2 yrs weve taken Aymen in Aug, we really didnt leave the villa til 5pm+ because its just too hot for him...for us even.

I, however was a bit more relaxed when we were by a pool or the beach, you can keep cool and sit in the shade, but if your wanting to do touristy stuff in the day...id think twice with a toddler.

But thats just me...Is it booked then?

xxx

Ooohhh nooo I'm panicking !!

Dh wants to book in the morning, were really stuck holiday wise as well have a 14 yr old and a 2 yr old. The 14 yr old is sports mad, the 2 yr old is a psycho and needs some entertaining! We rented a villa last yr and tbh it was a little boring but I hate package holidays as the places are sooo busy. Our friends really love this place and dh and I have never been that bothered but the age gap is really an issue this time! He almost booked a cruise this afternoon, we did a royal Caribbean a few yrs ago and ds1 loved it but then I had visions of ds2 going overboard .. As much as he gets on my nerves I don't want him jumping ship!
Aaarghhh!! I don't know what to do!

I wouldn't even consider it to be perfectly honest. Your talking 40 degrees at that time of year at least. Far too risky with a young child, and a waste of money as you would end up spending every day indoors! Is there nowhere else you could go at that time of year? Menorca, Portugal etc are hot in July, but not dangerously hot. We went to Greece in Sept and that was hot enough, I wouldnt have wanted to go in July/Aug x

I wouldn't either, it's pushing 35.c out there now, a friends just got back! The First Choice holiday villages offer excellent facilities which would suit what you are after, the Majorca one offers what your after and much more bearable heat. A friend stayed at the Tenerife Sensatori last year and raves about it.

I wouldn't even consider it to be perfectly honest. Your talking 40 degrees at that time of year at least. Far too risky with a young child, and a waste of money as you would end up spending every day indoors! Is there nowhere else you could go at that time of year? Menorca, Portugal etc are hot in July, but not dangerously hot. We went to Greece in Sept and that was hot enough, I wouldnt have wanted to go in July/Aug x

We've looked at tons of places now, we went to a tompson superfamily place years ago and we hated it . All inclusive, everyone pissed around the pool everyday, kids running riot. It's stuck in our heads now and scared well end up somewhere like that again!
Our fiends have been twice and loved it, I think that's why he wants to go as we want decent reviews from someone we know and they like the same kind of thing as us. We went to Spain last year and that was too hot, can't believe he's even considered it!
I'm frantically looking at other options now!!:wacko:

i personally coukdbt with a young child. Italy us lovely we go to Venice fir avfew days then through beach. this year were crusing with our los x

I wouldn't either, it's pushing 35.c out there now, a friends just got back! The First Choice holiday villages offer excellent facilities which would suit what you are after, the Majorca one offers what your after and much more bearable heat. A friend stayed at the Tenerife Sensatori last year and raves about it.

I saw the that one, it looks lovely but i Don't want to go to Tenerife, we go every year in Jan... This year it was the 15th time I've been!:wacko: feel like the characters in 'Benidorm' ... Same place every year ha!

Benidorm lol :haha: love that programme and as an ex rep I can vouch most holiday makers are like that!

Perhaps so the Sharm one instead of Tenerife next year, it looks amazing! A few if my mummy friends are off to the Majorca one this year just wish I can afford a holiday :(

Benidorm lol :haha: love that programme and as an ex rep I can vouch most holiday makers are like that!

Perhaps so the Sharm one instead of Tenerife next year, it looks amazing! A few if my mummy friends are off to the Majorca one this year just wish I can afford a holiday :(

It's the same people every year! Sadly we have nicknames for everyone too.... In our defence it's a timeshare place and we go with my In-laws, beats the UK when it's cold and wet!

Is there a Sensatori in Majorca? We went there in Oct last year to port da pollenca and I loved it. Dh wants stuff going on for our 2 but not rioting kids with hammered parents!

We did the HOliday Village in Spain a few years ago when Em was almost 2 and we hated it tbh. It wasn't what we wanted at all. What about Warners or Club Med? The prices will probably be comparable with Sensatori.

I've looked at a couple of club med and they're working out about 8k.... The Sharm one is just over 5k for 2 weeks so about right.

The superfamily one was awful, it put us off package holidays completely!! There was a family of 15ish people there , swearing and drinking. i spent the whole holiday watching thier kids in the pool incase they drown!!we've always booked a private villa or apartment since!!

We did the HOliday Village in Spain a few years ago when Em was almost 2 and we hated it tbh. It wasn't what we wanted at all. What about Warners or Club Med? The prices will probably be comparable with Sensatori.

I've looked at a couple of club med and they're working out about 8k.... The Sharm one is just over 5k for 2 weeks so about right.

The superfamily one was awful, it put us off package holidays completely!! There was a family of 15ish people there , swearing and drinking. i spent the whole holiday watching thier kids in the pool incase they drown!!we've always booked a private villa or apartment since!!

Similar experience here. We have decided to DIY this year and are having a few days in Barcelona then taking the train North and have booked an apartment in a fishing town for a week.

I can recommend portugal. Lots to do for both your kids. Reasonibly priced with great weather but not too warm. Ive been last 5yrs different hotel every time and loved it. No way could i handle egypt in july never mind my dd lol

we are going here in october with out 2 yr old - cant wait!

It'll be way over 40 degrees. My friend went 2 years ago and said she would never go back lol. I know lots of people love it though x

Personally I wouldn't book it

I've been to Greece when it was close to 50 and it was just too hot

I can't imagine being in that heat with the children

Im off to greece in 3 weeks. Hopefully its not much higher than 30! X

I wouldn't take a young one in that heat, it will be boiling!

We are going Portugal this year we went pre kids and when we were there we said when we have kids we will deffo be going back, so family friendly!

We also went Alcudia 2 years ago and loved that too :)

I'm a real sun worshipper and we are going to Rhodes in Aug because we can't go away any other time. In kind of dreading it because it's going to be really hot. On that basis I wouldn't at all consider Sharm.

With a budget of £5000 you should be able to pick and choose somewhere really good that isn't too hot. I love Greece and if you pick somewhere more northern then it wouldn't be too hot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->