Those of you that have had a lap and dye?

redarrow

TTC our Rainbow Baby
Reaction score
When does it stop hurting so much? I had my lap and dye done on Thursday and I am in agony :( It really hurts. It went well and they didnt find anything wrong, thankfully but since then I have been in so much pain and it is so uncomfy and I am so tired and im feeling so emotional. I dont know whats up with me. Is this normal? xxx

:( hope ur better soon im going in on friday to have a large endometrioma cyst removed and to see if i have endo too which i am pretty sure i have but im gona get my tubes checked too soooooo scared :/ xx

its good u were given the clear :) yey x

I had a lap n dye done in September. I was in pain from the gas for about 4 or 5 days, and generally very sore for a good 10-12 days. I developed massive complications though and my recovery took almost 6 weeks in total and I still have pain in my scars now though of course this is rare. Take things easy, rest lots and don't drive unless you feel 100% as you'll need working abdo muscles to brake etc. Did you get painkillers when you were discharged? If not, give your GP a call tomorrow and ask for something.

I had a lap & dye in July and I was off work for a week. They didn't find anything wrong with me either. I had mixed feelings about it as I was obviously pleased they didn't find anything but at the same time it didn't give us any answers.

The abdominal pain and shoulder pain stopped after about 3 or 4 days then scars were sore for a couple of weeks. Hot water bottle and painkillers plus lots of sympathy from OH seems to do the trick.

Hope u feel better :flower:

Thank you all. I think I was just so tired. Feeling better emotionally today. I dont think that helped me yesterday. I am still sore but they seem better. I have taken the plasters off today to let the wounds breathe so fingers crossed they get better soon. I dont work so dont plan on driving or go out. I was given Co-codamol (sp) from the hospital so they have been helping. Thank you all again xxxxx

It took me about three days to 'Roll' out of bed, about a week to be able to stand properly and was back to work a week and half later. Hated it they said its simple and wont hurt much, they lied!

The scares are still purple I had it in June last year and I dont want another done.

Make sure you rest loads and keep the stitches clean and dry xx

is lap and dye the same procedure as a hsg?

i had a lap and dye about 6 months ago everything went well even tho they let me home while in and out of consiousness but i was up and out the next day a bit sore i might add but wasnt to bad its diffirent for everyone

is lap and dye the same procedure as a hsg?
I've had both a hsg and a lap... they aren't quite the same:

The hsg, you are awake and a tube is inserted through the vagina into the cervix and a dye that shows up on xray is pumped into the fallopian tubes to see any blockages and clear them.

In the lap and dye you are put under general anaesthetic and dye is again passed through the tubes but this time, cameras are also inserted through small cuts in the navel and bikini line. To enable them to see inside properly they fill the abdominal cavity with gas. if they see any problems they can use lasers to remove things like endometriosis

Well im not feeling as bad today. Not as sore but still uncomfy. I have been up and about since the day after so Im doing ok I think. Im brusied around the cuts but thats to be expected no doubt. Thank you all for your messages xxx

hey ladies, im in hospital right now just had a lap n dye and they found severe endo and i had a huge endometrioma removed but the good news they saved most ov my ovary and completly cleared my tubes and all the endo that they found. But OMG i am in soo much pain and the whole of my left side front and back and most of the right too is completley swolen and bruised so i simpathise with all of you hope your feeling btter xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->