Those of you using (or have used) a Doppler ...

happycupcake

‘Mrs Hudson took my skull.’
Reaction score
Common to hear the hb in more than one place? As in complete opposite ends? I literally can't remember from our other two! But I'm hearing a clear hb to the far right and the far left, yesterday it was the same but one was low and the other was higher up, this is recent - a few days ago I could only find it in one place. So, is this normal or is it possible they missed a second little human at our scan at 6+5? I would think it unlikely to miss one, but I know it isn't unheard of. Just curious about the Doppler, I wish I had recorded our others

Yes! I think it's an echo! I was wondering whether there was two, but 12 week scan confirmed one baby

Yes you can hear HB in multiple places x

Thank you! I don't recall any other details from our other two other than we heard the hb! I wasn't sure if something so small could be heard that clearly in two completely different places

Also just remember there is an artery on both sides, so make sure it’s definitely baby your hearing :) (I know you probably know that, but just in case!) x

Oh I know lol I found that out the first time using a Doppler with DS2. Thought my hb was his, realised it was way too slow, dawned on me it was me lol
Babies sound like trains. I don't think we listened in on them as much with the other two, so I don't recall hearing the hb in other places

So I used a doppler for the first time today. It was difficult. I found my arteries... a lot of static and tummy gurgles. I had to look up a video and watched another woman approx. 9 weeks do it. I had to push the probe down and angle it toward the pubic bone and finally, I found a loud, fast paced HB. It read between 165 and 173 (kept fluctuating as I held it). Do you guys think that was the baby? It was a little left of my belly button and at my ultrasound a week ago the HB read 174.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->