Those of you who were on Clomid & Conceived Multiples...

We didn't use a trigger. I've never not ovulated on my own, but had two MC in a row, so the doctor thought it might help give me better eggs. He had an every other day schedule for BD, but DH was away and only home for a couple of days, so we just did every day when he was there (we did make sure it was during the right time period or as close as we could get though). He only did the progesterone check the first month because I asked about it. Didn't bother the second when we conceived.

Thanks so much amjon! I hope the remainder of your pregnancy goes really well xx

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/assisted-conception/1119525-ttc-1-clomid-ovidrel.html

Jonesbaby... that thread is about clomid and trigger. Might be worth a look. I found great support there.

I used clomid to conceive my second son, 50mg on cycle day 5-10, got pregnant the first round off of clomid. He was a singleton pregnancy obviously. I also ovulate on my own, but have a short luteal phase. Used clomid again 50mg this time around, required two cycles, but am now pregnant with twins. The risk of multiples with clomid is somewhere around 8%. We are still in shock to be honest.

I had no side effects at all from the clomid. But then again, I made it through a twin pregnancy with maybe a day or two of mild nausea, so I'm not really prone to getting side effects from things.

Good luck!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much blucky & lolomom! I am so appreciative for the info.

So, I start Clomid tonight... Praying for a BFP at the end of the month!

Fingers and toes crossed. Have a great Easter xx

We did a total of 6 cycles of Clomid with IUI. The last 2 cycles I also used Ovidril. We needed to do IUI's because my OH has very low sperm count, very low motility rate, and a pretty high abnormality rate. :/ We didn't do 6 cycles in a row, we took a month or 2 break in between some cycles. I started with 50mg of Clomid, and found that when I took it for 2 continuous cycles, I released 2 mature eggs on the second cycle (I have no problems ovulating on my own). I think I took Chlomid on days 2-7. I can't be sure anymore. For our last IUI my OB upped my Chlomid dose to 100mg, (I had also done back to back cycles this time) and I released three mature eggs. He told me the chances of all three taking were pretty slim and to expect twins if I still decided to go through with the IUI. I decided to do just that, and ended up with triplets! LOL 2 identical, and 1 fraternal. :D

As far as side effects, with Chlomid I was super sensitive and emotional! I cried about EVERYTHING! LOL The worst part was that I KNEW I had no reason to be crying, but I couldn't stop myself! LOL It was pretty crazy. And it never mattered what time of day I took them.

As far as Ovidril, my fist cycle taking it, I reacted pretty badly. I had severe nausea, diarhea, and extremely severe cramping. I also broke out in a bad rash all over my body. I won't lie, it was pretty bad. I was really upset about the whole thing, and didn't think I would agree to take it again. But the second time I took it, I didn't have any reaction to it at all. I guess my body just had to get used to the new drugs.

Lots of luck to you!

Hi BellaDonna,

Thanks so much for your reply. Congratulations on your adorable triplets! They're super cute!!!

I'm on CD 8 today and have had ZERO side effects so I'm kinda feeling like it hasn't worked! Lol! Don't get me wrong, I'm beyond thrilled that I've had no side effects, but just Hoping it is actually being effective.

Ohhh.... That's not good about the Ovidrel! Hmmm... I really hope I don't have the same reaction!

Thanks again for your feedback & response. Best wishes to you :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"