Those of you who were on Clomid & Conceived Multiples...

Jonesbaby19

Reaction score
Hi there ladies,

My DH and I are having problems conceiving our first child and my RE has put me on Clomid next cycle, starting on the weekend when my dreaded AF is due.

I'm starting on 50mg and my doctor has directed me to take the dose from days 2-6. I've read online that taking Clomid early in the cycle can increase the chances of multiples and I was just interested to know if what I have read online regarding this is accurate from a point of view of your experiences.

Also, did you find the side effects all that bad? I've read taking it at night is helpful in relieving some of the known side effects.

We are hoping we conceive soon so that I don't have to take the drug for too long.

Congratulations on your pregnancy/families and hopefully I'll be joining you in motherhood very soon with either one or more babies. God willing.

Best wishes to you all and thanks so much for reading my post.

Jonesbaby

xx

The doctor gave me Letrozole and told me the chance for multiples was VERY small and not to worry about it. (I'm thinking mine may be identical though which would mean it didn't have anything to do with it.) I took it days 3-7. I didn't have an U/S until 8 weeks and at that point they only found one cyst they were pretty sure was a CL. I had a couple other cysts, but they didn't see the jagged edges they would expect from a CL. The first cycle I didn't get it until CD4 for took it days 4-8, but didn't conceive. I did get hot flashes from the Letrozole, but from what I'm told Letrozole is much more mild than Clomid and leaves your system quicker.

Thanks so much for replying amjon.

What does CL mean? I'm not totally up to speed on the lingo.

Thanks so much again!

Our doctor prescribed clomid for days 2-6 50 mg and we fell pregnant third cycle with triplets ! X

I took clomid 100mg days 5-9 and it created 2 follicles which we triggered (pregnyl trigger) CD16 and both follicles took. I think I had fairly sensitive ovaries bc I had ovarian drilling just 2 months prior. good luck!

I took 50mg Clomid starting on day 4 (day 5 is the latest my RE would start it) and I ended up with twins. I don't think it ha much to do with what day you start but rather how many mature follicles you have. Maybe taking it earlier gives a chance for more follicles to grow? I'm not sure. As for side effects, I learned the hard way that it's best to take it at night. The first day I took it in the afternoon and had such bad hot flashes tht I literally stuck my head on the freezer as the a/c did nothing to help. After that, I still had the hot flashes but not nearly as bad because I slept through the worst of it. That is really the only side effect I remember. I know I had more but they weren't bad enough that I remember what they were.

Hopefully you get your BFP soon. Sending lots of :dust:

I took clomid CD 3-7 @ 50 mg. I had three ripe follicles. It was my first time on clomid. It made me depressed but it also could have been depression from ttc for so long. I can't remember if I took it at night.

Good luck and hope you get your bfp soon!

Awww....

Thanks so much ladies for responding. I know it's not a forgone conclusion that I'll conceive with Clomid alone but I'm keep the faith that it will hopefully bring us one step closer to being parents.

My doctor has suggested that we time intercourse this month with an Ovidrel trigger once we know how many follicles we have. I've read that some people get super intense cramping with it when ovulating - did anybody experience this? I'm a big chicken!

Thanks again xx :)

Everything felt fine and normal for me and when I got my bfp I was in disbelief. I felt no different!

Thanks so much San Fan Shan.... I feel better knowing that!

BTW - Your twins are super cute!! Summerliliy's triplets are gorgeous too!! So blessed! xx

I did Clomid 50mg on days 3-7 this time and got pregnant with twins the second month. (with my new high risk dr)

With my old dr, we did Clomid days 5-9 and although the pregnancy did not work out, we did get pregnant on the 2nd month with one baby.

Hope this helps!

Congratulations sweetieinva! Thank you for sharing your experience with Clomid. Wishing you the best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy.

xxx

Jonesbaby :)

I got my bfp on my first clomid cycle. 50mg days 3-7. My doctor told me I had a 10% chance of twins...I guess I'm really lucky or something :haha:

Hi Luna19,

Wow! Congratulations! Thats so wonderful. How did you find the side effects?

I just got my period this morning :cry: so I start Clomid tomorrow. Holding my breath that we will be lucky to conceive this cycle.

xx

I had a cold while I was taking it so not sure it was all the clomid but I had an awful headache from the second day. It was also making me need to pee constantly so I think the headache might have been dehydration. It got better toward the end of the five days when I switched to taking it with dinner and started drinking a ton of water then the day after my last pill I felt totally fine.

Do you already ovulate on your own? We did all the testing and nothing was wrong yet we went 15 cycles without any success. I was so sure the clomid hadn't worked that I was crying to my hubby a few days before my bfp about how we only had 5 more chances and how I was so frustrated. I also didn't test until I was two days late and picked my next month's prescription when I was 1 day late because I was so sure :haha:

Hi Luna,

Thanks again for that info, it's great to hear the feedback.

Yes, I ovulate on my own and my husband has no issues with his sperm, but for some reason we have been unable to conceive? I have been going to my GYN for months and it was found that sometimes my egg is too matured by the time I'm ovulate to be fertilised. Having too large of a follicle is just as bad as having too small of a follicle as you probably all ready know, so my doctor has suggested Clomid to give the sperm more 'targets' so to speak.

So hoping we get some luck soon! This TTC journey is tough.

xx

BTW Luna - did you have a trigger shot for the purpose of timed intercourse or not? xx

No trigger. we were told to bd every other day from cd 10-20 but because of my hubby's varying work schedule we ended up doing 2 days on and one day off from cd 9-17

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->