Those that did start at 6 months

Pearls18

Reaction score
How did you start?! I weaned at 6 months with my eldest too but I can't remember what I did, we did spoonfeeding with finger foods and I remember he was on 3 meals very quickly, he loved food (and has ever since!)

But I can't remember what I did! I think I started with finger food for fun...how long do you offer the breast first for? How many times in the day? Feel like a newbie!

We started BLW at 6 months.

At that point he was on 4 daytime feeds a day. 7am, 11am, 2.30pm and bedtime. I continued to give him those feeds for as long as he wanted them, he didn't drop the 11am feed until about 9 months, and dropped the afternoon one about two weeks ago.

In terms of timings, we offered meals at the same time as his brother's meals. Breakfast about 7.30am, lunch 11.30am/midday, dinner at 5pm. We did BLW so we just put whatever food his brother was having in front of him. Took him about two months to properly get into it.

I TW with finger foods.

First foods were sweet potato (hated and still does!), carrot & broccoli purée, homemade soups (mushroom, pea, carrot, tomato, lentil).

Quickly moved onto hand blended meals, she's always loved texture, now I just feed her the food as it comes, she chews very well. Some meals are fully finger foods (ribs & salad/chicken dinner / sandwiches & carrot puffs)

She loves all sorts, fish pie, cottage pie, Spag Bol (fave!), carbonara, cous cous, pork dinner, tomato sauces with fish (sardines/tuna), salmon fish cakes

She's had everything homemade besides the initial puréed food (about 2 weeks maybe?) I went straight to whatever I was having just a bit whizzed with the hand blender.

We started with just evening dinner, and as many BFs as she still wanted (about 6 during the day, 4 at night), then quickly introducesd porridge for breakfast, and soup at lunch. At 10m she was feeding morning and night and occasionally twice during the day but mostly just morning feed (approx 7am) and bedtime feed (7pm).

Thank you ladies. The BF is so sporadic, he has no routine, he feeds very quickly so I never quite know what is a good feed vs a snacky feed, I'm kinda looking forward to a bit more routine with solids, but offering BM the same as I normally would and seeing how that changes things...but making sure he's always fed recently before solids so he's in a good mood!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->