Those types of children.

ellemonkey

Reaction score
Eurgh, morning from hell.

I usually post in the NP forum but feels its more appropriate to post this rant here.

DD had suspected Smith-magnis syndrome (sp?) and dyspraxia.

She is 10 in a few months and I have been begging for assessments, help and guidance on how to deal with her since she was 4, we have been passed from pillar to post and fobbed off so many times.

Her main problem is she is over affectionate - mainly to younger children and women she takes a shine to. Hugging, kissing, stroking etc etc.

I find this very odd and uncomfortable to watch when she does it in public, today my ds1 was poorly so she walked the 1 street to school herself but instead of doing that she went out of way of school, 4 streets behind the school to go to a friends house who's mum she has a fixation with. She wanted her to walk herself to school, she wanted a hug and a kiss, she wanted to hold the kids hand on the way to school. The mum e-mailed me after she send DD packing (DD threw a temper tantrum on her door step and started banging on her door)

I am so embarrassed and upset that 1, DD did this and 2, this woman told me she didnt want her kid playing with kids like her.

I know i will probably get flamed for this but i really want to wring her bloody neck. I also told her not to take her bike because she lost the lock. I printed out the e-mails from the other mum and went to school to discuss my dd's behaviour hoping that this would promt them to take a look at it again and found her bike and school bag outside the shop where she had left it (shop it 20ft away from school) why she was in the shop i have no idea.

This is the 3rd time she has walked herself to school, I really though I could trust her walking 1 street to school :growlmad: after all the begging and pleading that she's big enough to do it herself I feel like a complete twat for letting her try.

Im really sorry your daughter cant be trusted and believe me i know how you feel. The good thing though is that you gave her that chance, even though she let you down, you tried. I think showing the email to the school is the right way to go in getting help. I feel its as if they dont believe you sometimes when your trying to get though to them that your child has certain behaviours that are maybe a bit different to other kids. Hopefully now they will take more notice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->