Those who had preemies before

Dream.dream

SAHM to 2 beautiful boys
Reaction score
Do you have a feeling with subsiquent pregnancies that you won't go full term agiain? I think its partially worry but I see my due date and keep thinking I won't make it that far. I'm due November 9th but I feel like baby is going to be an October baby

I've been sure my little man was going to come early!not sure why I've just had a feeling, but I'm two days past when my daughter was born and he's still cooking so I'm happy :) I've just been taking it one step at a time, my first goal was 28 weeks now it's 30 weeks and so on :) xx

Tom was born 4 weeks early, not too early but enough for him to have to stay in scbu for over a week. He was 6lb8oz so I have mixed feelings about this next one. Yes I would like her not to be as early as Tom as to avoid the scbu stay but selfishly it would be nice if she was maybe a couple of weeks early as if Tom was 6lb8oz at 36 weeks, how big would he have been if he was full term! Eek!

Tom was born 4 weeks early, not too early but enough for him to have to stay in scbu for over a week. He was 6lb8oz so I have mixed feelings about this next one. Yes I would like her not to be as early as Tom as to avoid the scbu stay but selfishly it would be nice if she was maybe a couple of weeks early as if Tom was 6lb8oz at 36 weeks, how big would he have been if he was full term! Eek!

I agree in a way, as much as I'd like this one to stay cooking for much longer I'm quite happy with the idea of him coming around 37-38 weeks so I don't have to be overdue in this heat! Lol xx

I know exactly how you feel. My son was born at 33+5 and because I have no explanation for why he came early, I am terrified of it happening again, or possibly even earlier this time. I feel like my fears are stopping me from being able to really enjoy this pregnancy as I am so worried about something going wrong. Recently I have been panicking myself about the possibility of my having an incompetent cervix (although I know this is unlikely as I wouldn't have got to 33 weeks if that was the case). I'm just praying that my body holds out this time. xx

My son was born at 36 weeks and they think it was stress related . He was however 6 pounds 12 oz and had no health issues when he was born but had alot late related to being premature . I want this baby to stay in and cook , just not sure if my body can do it . I just get the feeling that this baby will be early too.

I'm hoping l hold out until at least 37 weeks tho so its technically term

My first was born 6 weeks early, and was in the hospital for a month, and was on oxygen for another month at home after that. My second son was a week late and healthy as can be!!!!! You just never know!!! We didn't do anything differently either!

My first i went into ptl at 27 weeks and she came at 31 weeks. With my son around 25 weeks i was terrified. Not until 34 weeks did i calm down, had him at 40w5days. I did however have progesterone shots. This one im starting to get nervous again and hope i get to 35+ weeks again.

My first was born at 29weeks then my second was born at 22weeks. i now have a cervical stitch in place and have made it to 31 weeks and still cooking this baby :) i have had a feeling all way through this pregnancy that i wont make it to term but im closer than i thought i would get

Hi there,

My son was born at 36 so only just classed as prem he was 5lb10 and didn't need any help at all, we got home 2 days later. Although I got a steroid shot when I went into labour to help his lungs develop and would have got another one 12 hours later but he was already here :haha:

I was given loads of anti-d shots because our blood had mixed and I had a lot of anti-bodies in my blood. They asked of I had had bleeding through my pregnancy which I hadn't so they were surprised it was so much. Now I wonder if I maybe was and that's why I went into ptl?

Anyway due to him being early and the mix of blood I was given an app with my consultant (apparently everyone gets assigned one when Pregnant but you only meet them if there has been complications) when I met her she said because my body had went into ptl by itself the chances I would go pt again were high.

Hope this helps :thumbup:

Xxx

Thanks Littlepeanut. We have no idea why we went in to labour early either. I have narrowed it down to either the UTI I had a week before, or he was too big for my body :/ I only think the latter as my sister's LO was also born at 36weeks for no apparent reason and he was 7lb8oz

I'm convinced this baby will be early. My daughter was 7 weeks prem, with my membranes rupturing at 32 weeks for no apparent reason (my daughter was born with a congenital problem - apparently it was unrelated). I have a clotting disorder, which enhances the probability of an early arrival and I have just discovered that I have a low lying placenta that's completely covering the cervix. Whilst I know it can move and there's plenty of time for this to happen, I'm never been on the good side of 'odds' and can't help but assume worst case scenrio.

I am terrified of this! DD was 5 weeks early and was in the NICU for 15 days in an isolet. It was the hardest two weeks of my life! She was too skinny and couldn't maintain her body temp or eat so she was tube fed. My OB never figured out why I went into early labor. I went to the ER because of some spotting and I was 5cm dilated! Apparently I have an irritable uterus which probably doesn't help. I had braxton hicks from about 14 weeks last pregnancy. I just got my BFP and am terrified to have a repeat! Even bed rest in the hospital wasn't stopping the progression. I guess all I can do is take it easy and do my best to keep this one put!
Oh and I am also sort of scared for making it to term! DD was 5lb 14oz at 35 weeks and I still tore a little so I am scared to give birth to a full size, full term baby! But I'll take that over the NICU! :flower:

I am terrified of this! DD was 5 weeks early and was in the NICU for 15 days in an isolet. It was the hardest two weeks of my life! She was too skinny and couldn't maintain her body temp or eat so she was tube fed. My OB never figured out why I went into early labor. I went to the ER because of some spotting and I was 5cm dilated! Apparently I have an irritable uterus which probably doesn't help. I had braxton hicks from about 14 weeks last pregnancy. I just got my BFP and am terrified to have a repeat! Even bed rest in the hospital wasn't stopping the progression. I guess all I can do is take it easy and do my best to keep this one put!
Oh and I am also sort of scared for making it to term! DD was 5lb 14oz at 35 weeks and I still tore a little so I am scared to give birth to a full size, full term baby! But I'll take that over the NICU! :flower:

This is how I feel! SCBU/NICU was so hard!

Thankyou toms mummy, I feel a huge relief for getting this far, I never thought I would make it, especially after a preterm labour scare at 27weels. Each day counts :) I think I will be having this baby early though as I have my cervical stitch out at 36weeks and I can see this baby sliding straight out after as he is so low head down and been trying to come for a while now

Every pregnancy is different, I had lo 4 weeks early, I hope this baby grows a bit better and stays in a few more weeks than she did.

Lo was 4lb 12 and I'm petrified of having a bigger baby - that hurt enough !!!!

My little girl was 4 weeks early and even though she weighed 6lbs 7oz she had to stay in the NICU for 11 days we didn't know why she came when she did. I was worried that my little boy would come even earlier than that. I was getting growth scans every 2 weeks at the end and they knew he was going to be big and they never induced me as I they thought that my body would just not be able to handle it anymore and I was going to have him early as he was so big. but I ended up going into labour naturally at 40+1. My DS weighed 10lbs 2 1/2oz. I dilated fully but he couldn't fit through my pelvis. at 36 weeks I was already dilated 4cm and I actually think that if he had been smaller I would have not made it to full term as he would have put pressure on my cervix and my labour would have started sooner.

xx

There was no reason for our first to come at 27+4, I literally posted on here at about 9pm about weird pains, and she was here by 6am. :dohh:

My second came at 40+2, 22 months later :) I was convinced she'd be early, even earlier, but she proved me wrong!

My little girl was 4 weeks early and even though she weighed 6lbs 7oz she had to stay in the NICU for 11 days we didn't know why she came when she did. I was worried that my little boy would come even earlier than that. I was getting growth scans every 2 weeks at the end and they knew he was going to be big and they never induced me as I they thought that my body would just not be able to handle it anymore and I was going to have him early as he was so big. but I ended up going into labour naturally at 40+1. My DS weighed 10lbs 2 1/2oz. I dilated fully but he couldn't fit through my pelvis. at 36 weeks I was already dilated 4cm and I actually think that if he had been smaller I would have not made it to full term as he would have put pressure on my cervix and my labour would have started sooner.

xx

Did you end up having a c-section with your DS?.... Your story has scared me as your pregnancy with your DD was exactly like mine was with DS. I am worried about not being able to oush a bigger baby out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->