Those who have / had an anterior placenta...

Laura27

Reaction score
Hi ladies! I'm going to be 22 weeks on Friday so still a few more weeks until I join you, but I was wondering...for those of you who have or had an anterior placenta, how late did you feel baby move? I've had a couple of night-time twinges but not really any of the butterfly / bubbling sensation that people talk about :nope:

I've had my 20 week scan and everything was fine, so I'm not really concerned, but just wondering how long it could potentially be!!

It was 18 weeks with my son, and with this pregnancy was 11 weeks! :shock: Insanely early, I know. Although I found that I wasn't feeling proper kicks until about 18 weeks.

I'd say by 25 weeks you will definitely be feeling movements, and probably good ones at that :)

My first pregnancy with an anterior placenta it was 23/24 weeks before I felt even the slightest movement. With this pregnancy I have another one and felt baby at 17 weeks. I wouldn't worry just yet baby is still small and will be moving but behind the placenta. X

With my daughter I felt kicks to the cervix at 18 weeks. Abdominal kicks and movements at 22 weeks but even then I wasn't feeling all of them. At my anomaly scan at 22 weeks I told the dr I didn't feel any movements that day but when they scanned dd was moving a lot!

This time 24 weeks was when I started feeling definite movement.

I was fairly unusual because I had a low-lying anterior placenta (so it was on the front but just at the edge of the cervix) and I felt movement from 14 weeks. But I don't think that's typical.

I had this with my first and it was about 23/24 weeks for me, even after that I never really felt big movements or kicks it was more of a rolling sensation and him stretching out.

I felt some really really faint movement at about 18/19/20 weeks, but it was still more of a 'fluttering' sensation whereas my bump buddies were feeling proper kicks by this stage. I started feeling light kicks after that, but no where near as hard or as often as my friends. I was struggling with sleep at that stage though and it was usually around 2/3am when I was laid in bed that baby started getting active - if I wasn't struggling to sleep I'd have probably missed it :haha:

By about 22-24 weeks I was feeling movement every day, but still quite faint compared to what other people were describing. Also, my friends said their OHs could feel the kicks but DH definitely couldn't feel mine as they were too faint and I could feel more the sensation of movement - like a rolling, than an actual 'kick'.

It wasn't till about 28 weeks that I started feeling the regular kicks that my friends had been describing for weeks, but I'm 30 weeks today and DH still struggles to feel movement - it has to be really strong and even then he's only felt it 2/3 times.

Fingers crossed you'll feel more movement soon :hugs:

I had an anterior placenta with my daughter and I felt the odd poke at 17 weeks, they were few and far between. I was definitely feeling quite a lot of movemet at 20 weeks and remmeber feeling rolls at 22 weeks.

As I got further on I actually felt her less and was in and out of hospital for reduced movement.

I think it depends on a lot f factors. My bmi is only 18.5 so I'm quite slim so think that's why I felt her so early regardless of having an anterior placenta.

I'm sure you'll start feeling it soon wnough. Also if you watch your stomach you might actually see little kicks but not be able to feel it. I used to watch my stomach when I was further along and see massive kicks and rolls but I coulent feel a thing xx

I have an anterior placenta and didn't feel proper movements till around 20 weeks, I feel him move all the time now though and have done from about 25 weeks, very strong movements too! X

17+3 felt first definite kicks. The weeks before that I felt flutters, but nothing I could say yes, that's a kick. Since then I started feeling her once a day then a few days later twice then a few days later three times now all the time. I have an anterior placenta. I think it's higher than she is. She likes to chill our down low and I feel her most there. Occasionally, very rarely, I'll feel something just below my belly button, but nothing between the two spaces which is where I'm assuming my placenta is.

I've had anterior placenta with both pregnancies and both times felt movement at 15/16 weeks and full blown kicks by 18-19. Everyone is different, it will come :)

Hi, I'm 25w5 with anterior placenta (second time) I've been feeling movements from around 16w but only just recently in last two weeks have I felt full on movements and that could be felt externally by partner and DD.

I only ever felt movement at night lying on right dude with full bladder.

Thanks everyone! It's reassuring to know it's nothing to worry about!!

I had an anterior placenta with my first and i don't think the movements were really well defined until about 24 weeks. I know it is hard, but try not to worry too much about it, you will have plenty of time in your pregnancy to feel movements!

Hi Laura,
I'm also 22 weeks on Thursday and have an anterior placenta. I'm also not feeling a lot. When I do its when I go to bed and it's only mild kicks that don't last long at all. LO was moving loads at 20 week scan so I've not been too concerned although I'm thinking now it would be nice to start feeling more heavy movement!!

This is terrible but I honestly can't remember when I started feeling regular movements.

I do know that I only felt small movements (hands I think) on the right side only for the longest time because of where the placenta is.
I don't think I felt really strong movements on both sides until about 27 weeks.

I had an anterior placenta and i had a hard time feeling movement my entire pregnancy..... But I think my baby was just on the calmer side too... so that mixed with the placenta position did mix well for feeling movements all the time.

But i did start feeling movement at around 17 weeks... Flutters.

High anterior here and I was feeling definite movement by 16 weeks and questionable movement after 13 weeks. I'm petite though and baby is all out front.

I'm starting to feel 'pops' now at just under 22 weeks :) Mainly last thing at night and first thing in the morning when I'm lying down...or in the bath! So lovely!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->