Those who have one of each.... Boys weight vs Girls weight at birth?

T

Toms Mummy

So, I was wondering, regardless of order of birth, who weighed more/less at birth?

Did your girl weigh less than your boy? Or was it the other way around?

Thanks x

My girl technically weighed more than my boys. But they were twins and 6 weeks preemie.

She was 7lbs 12oz and they were 5lbs 13oz and 4lbs 7oz.

I reckon they'd probably have been bigger than her had they been singletons and gone to term (daddy was 9+lbs).

Thanks twin mummy! My friend's little boy was 9lb14 and then her twins were 7lb and 7lb5 each! That was 2 weeks before their due date!

My boy was 6lbs 10oz and my girl was 6lbs 13oz.

My boys were 6lb 4 and 6lb 11

My girls were 6lb 4, 7lb and 7lb 4.

So my heaviest of them all was a girl. The smallest- I had one of each both weighing 6lb 4. I know they say boys are generally about 1 lb heavier on average but didnt work that way for me! x

Aah, I didn't realise that it was thought that boys are about a 1lb heavier!.... I suppose that's something you take with a pinch of salt! Thanks x

My SIL had a boy close to 8 lbs, then a few years later a big, chubby girl close to 9 lbs

Well...my brother was 7lbs, 6oz
and I was 6lbs 1oz.

My son was 9lbs, 1oz
And my daughter was 8lbs, 6oz.

I'm hoping this next baby is my lightest!

My boys were 10lbs 1oz and 11lbs 0.70z

My girl was 10lbs 10oz

So my girl was the middle weight lol. Not very conclusive there.

Liam was born at 40+10 weighing 8lb 4oz and Amelia was born at 40+9 weighing 7lb 7oz.
x

That's what I like to hear Amandad :haha:

Thanks everyone, it's really interesting!

My daughter was 9lb 6oz born at 40 weeks, and my son was 9lb 13oz born at 37 weeks.

I guess I'm just hoping for a smaller baby! :dohh: My son was 6lb 8oz at birth but he was 4 weeks early. So if they actually do gain about half a lb every week from 34ish weeks then he should have been around 8lb8oz. Which I guess isn't so bad but then they say that the 2nd tends to be bigger so I'm expecting a 9lb baby! I don't know if I can push out a 9lb baby!

My son wss 6lb 12 at 8 days late, my daughter was 7 lb 4 at 12 days late, so I'd say that they would have been pretty similar if they had been born at the same gestation. X

Ok, here we go...

My little girl was born at 37w and weighed 7lbs

DS1 was born at 38w and weighed 7lbs 14 1/2 (First born)
DS2 was born at 38w3d and weighed 6lbs 9
DS3 was born at 38w3d and weighed 6lbs 15

They were all pretty similar tbh, and similar gestations, but I think my body gives up at around full term hahahaha! My little girl looked a lot smaller and was slightly shorter than the boys however.

xxx

my daughter was born at 40+6 weighing 7lbs even my son was born at 39 weeks weighing 7lbs 8 oz. So i bet you that if my son was overdue he would have been close to 8 1/2 lbs. So he was bigger then my daughter. I will see with this little girl now

My son was 5 pound 8
Daughters were 6 pound 11 & 5 pound 2

Boy: 3.3kg (about 7lbs 5oz) and 52cm long 6 days late
Girl: 3.6kg (about 8lbs) and 48cm 5 days early

Sophie was only heavier because I had gestational diabetes I think.

DD1: 8 lbs, 1 oz
DD2: 8 lbs, 9 oz
DS: 7 lbs, 8 oz (I think... it was 7 and some change at any rate; all I remember thinking was gee, he's the littlest!)

DS was my third AND I had been diagnosed with GD, so I assumed he'd be huge. He was born about 10 days early, and the daughters were born on their due dates. So who knows!

Hoping this one will be same size as DS, since that delivery was the smoothest of them all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->