Those who have one of each.... Boys weight vs Girls weight at birth?

My daughter (1st) was 3.38 kg (7lbs 6oz I think) and my son was 3.78kg (just over 8lbs); my bump with my son was like 1.5 times that with my daughter! :shock: But I'm thinking it might hv more to do with it being my 2nd child than boy vs girl... :shrug:
xx

My son is 14 years older than my daughter, and he was 8lbs 14oz at birth. My daughter was 5lbs 15oz. So yeah, my boy was MUCH bigger. ;)

My 1st was a girl and she weighed 9 pounds at birth and my 2nd was a boy, and he was born at 35w5d and weighed 8 pounds 3 ounces, my OB was going to induce me at 38 weeks because I was very high risk and also because he would have been at least 10 pounds, so if I had gone full term my boy would have been bigger than my girl. :)

Oh and my bump were different in location but about the same size, I was pretty tiny with both of them.

Thanks everyone! I guess there's no real pattern then..... So I am now expecting my girl to be bigger than my boy, so atleast 9lb! Eek!

My son was born at 40+1 weighing 7lb 8oz,my daughter born at 39+4 was 6lb.xx

DD was 9lb 5oz born at 41 weeks
DS was 8lb 13oz born at 39+4

I think if DS had been late he would've been the same size as DD.

We have a surprise this time and the weight guesses from people have varied a lot, from 7lb 2oz to 10lb (I hope not!!)

xXx

My little girl was born at 36+1 weighing 6lb 7oz and my little boy was born at 40+1 weighing 10lb 2 1/2oz.

I think my girl would have been bigger than average if she had gone full term but still smaller than my boy xx

Congrats on your girly!!

I have 2 sisters and 2 brothers...
Sis1 - 6lbs 13oz
Me- 8.7lbs
Sis2- 8.4lbs
Bro1- 8.15lbs
Bro2- 9.4lbs

So the boys were bigger than us girls, but they were number 4&5 and there was a 6yr gap between the girls then oldest broher so maybe thatswhy?

Im having another girl and am curious about her weight.. paige was 8lbs 14oz and I have a crazy feelng this one will be a whopper!

DS (my first, born at 42 weeks) was 9lb 15oz.
DD (born at 41 weeks) was 8lb.

Pushing my DS out was less painful and my labour was shorter with him, I've often heard that bigger babies can be easier to birth.

They were exactly the same weight and only 1/4 inch off each other in height :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->