those who rinse in the sink

princessellie

Pregnant with #3
Reaction score
me and paul have a running argument about rinsing poo off, i tend to use a wet wipe and scrape it off into the bin / toilet, paul holds it in the bath under the shower and lets all the poo run down the plughole

wont that block the plughole? like the pipe underneath the plug?

what do you all do? the main problem is runnyish poos cos they dont just get flicked off iykwim

x

Our bathroom is laid out in such a way that I can use the shower head to spray into the toilet. I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with hygiene issues if it was going down the plughole to be honest.

Do you guys change lo in the bathroom or do you have to change lo put them somewhere then take the nappy to the bathroom to spray?

no we change her in the front room then he takes it upstairs to the toilet whereas i take it in the kitchen to the bin

x

I just always wondered how people do it, isn't it annoying having to take a poo covered nappy through the house leaving baby in another room?

I don't rinse mine, I use liners that I bin and scrape with wipes the bung them in the pail.

It depends on who changed his nappy at nursery what they do, sometimes they rinse them sometimes they dont. But funnily they always put them in a nappy bag even though I give them a wetbag lol.

We rinse in the sink but he poohs infrequently now and I clean daily anyway. I use bicarb down the drains to keep them fresh anyway. If the pooh is bigger or more formed I rinse it under the flush in the loo first. I sometimes just leave it in the top of the bucket folded in on itself to deal with later, or he sits in his bouncer and laughs at me dealing with his pooh! :flower:

If Leyla's poo is too runny to fall/shake off down the loo, I sometimes rinse it in the sink (and I always used to when she was younger). I think it pretty much dissolves in the water anyway so it doesn't block the plughole. We've not had any issues anyway.

I once put it in the bath and sprayed the shower on (we dont use the bath, just the shower) and the poo stuck to the bath and took more time to get off than it would have getting a wipe and throwing it down the toilet :/

I rinse in the bath in the shower and have never had a problem yet!

x

I hold the liner or nappy in the flush water in the loo, as the loo flushes. That removes most of it, and it goes straight down the loo, so no hygeine issues there!

i do mine in the sink too then dettol the area once i'm done, we're still on runny poos atm

For those who flush in the loo for hygeine issues my mum watched a programme about cleaning and it shown hat bacteria sprays round the room when the toilet is flushed, even when the lid is down, apparently toothbrushes should be kept at least 6 foot away for this reason!

When Daisy was tiny we used to rinse into the sink in our En-suite (it was our desegnated poo sink) and it was fine while pooes were still runny :sick: and at the time we didnt have a shower head on our taps so couldnt do any different. I used to just dettol/bleach the sink straight after and it was good

When her poo started getting more formed we started to shake the most of the poo down the loo then rinsing with the shower into the toilet........ works well for us :D

i also heard the same thing about poo being sprayed round the room when you flush the loo too :s

sara

xoxoxo

I just think you is all crackers all this rinsing and scraping :rofl: Im so lazy....

squish... what do you do? do you soak?

ive never washed dirty ones yet, my new nappies are drying but i am anxious and also curious

No choice but to scrape and rinse with some of the nastiness produced by poops when they're on solids! :sick:

I heard that thing about the toilet as well. Only thing is, how big would you bathroom have to be to have your toothbrush at least 6 foot from the toilet?!

I just think you is all crackers all this rinsing and scraping :rofl: Im so lazy....

i put a pair of undies in the wash the other week, didn't realise they had poo in them and wondered why my washing smelt odd. Rewashed the load then noticed a lump of poo by the door :sick: had to split the load in 2 , wash the undies by hand and do them again to get the smell out.

I'll carry on rinsing! :haha:

I rinse with shower head in the bath then clean the bath!? never had a problem.. although i might get some drain stuff now just incase.. her poo's are changing and i think willl be able to just remove with loo roll and flush soon.

Now Leyla's eating more solids, her poo just rolls off the nappy so I've had no need to rinse for a while... the sink actually looks dirtier now I'm not rinsing poo in it cos it always got a good clean afterwards!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->