those who rinse in the sink

we found that for a while it was just that peelable poo but for some reason lately theyve all been runnies :sick:

x

Yep, we're having the nasty sticky runny ones with raisens in, ick! :sick:

ive given up with trying to get the bf pooh off the nappies, so i do a cold rinse cycle first then a proper wash, will that be ok? :shrug:

Izzy only does one poo a day in the morning, so I leave the nappy til she is downstairs, come back up knock the main biy of poo in the loo and then rinse the pad so its actually pretty clean, I don't like to put them in the bucket with actual poo on. So there are no lumps of poo going down the plug hold and I clean the sink with flash right after too.

I rinse off in the bathroom sink :D On the occasional time her poo is solid, it's flicked into the toilet but rinsing in the sink derf works for us. I use cleaning wipes just to give the sink a once over after a rinse :)

this is interesting. I had been scraping into the toilet (downstairs where the bucket is kept) but the bucket started smelling as I couldn't get it all off. Hubby rinsed one with the shower into the sink but there were solid bits in it (Ed still has fairly soft poo as he's still breastfed) and they all stuck on top of the plug hole :sick: I made him pick it out with toilet paper, he wasn't impressed. I will have to see if my shower head stretches to the toilet

ive just tried to rinse bf pooh off Lo's nappies in the bath, yuck! it wasnt nice, have decided to use liners and just carry on doing a cold rinse cycle then a normal wash for his nappies, it took a little time to rinse them in the bath and now they are more unpleasant and Lo was getting upset downstairs :cry: thankfully im doing a nappy wash tonight :thumbup:

henny if you use liners that get pooped on do you have an outside tap? I know it sounds a bit crackers but I throw any nasty liners in a bucket and then OH takes them outside and blasts them with the hose :rofl:

:rofl: no we havent got an outside tap and using disposable liners at the mo, so that defeats the object of using reusables but i havent got any reusable liners :flower:

If you have a fleece blanket you dont really use cut it up :) or buy a cheapy one and cut that up.

I saw the thing about the spray from the toilet when you flush, I think it was Myth Busters. They did swabs leaving the toothbrush in the bathroom, and also a seperate on where they were in another room - and the toothbrushes still had traces on even though they were out of the room - gross!!!:sick:

I rinse mine in the kitchen sink then dettol it, I also bleach it every day. I dont like the idea of having lots of poop in the nappy bin waiting to be washed.

I have a specific nappy bucket which I rinse them in and then pour the dirty water down the toilet.
Some people have 2 seperate drains from their homes, a foul water (from toilet, called sewage) and a grey water drain which is for everything else. It just means the grey waste water doesn't need treating in the same way, and that in the event of a storm grey waste water can be released without worry of contamination.

Not everyone has 2 drains though, so it may not be relevant.hey just mix them all! Going back to the original post though, I just don't like the idea of poo down the bath plughole!!!

If you have a fleece blanket you dont really use cut it up :) or buy a cheapy one and cut that up.

I did this for Ed and made the mistake of not taking it in a bit in the crotch :blush: Pee all over his trousers! I have now fixed the problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->