Those whose babies wake up in the night...

A

AppleBlossom

Have you found that once your LO had started weaning, even just on a bit of baby rice, that they have slept any better throught the night? Grace's waking up is becoming a nightmare and it's for the tiniest bit of food. I see every hour of the morning from 1 o clock. I just wondered if when I start weaning will she stop waking up so much or is it just habit now and she'll still wake anyway?

ffion is doing the same right now. grrrrrrrrr!

ive tried giving her solids before bed but she just got frustrated with it and still woke up anyway

its so strange that ffion wakes up from 1.00 and every hour after that too

It's frustrating isn't it! Oh fab, sounds like there isn't much hope :( was she always a bad sleeper?

no not really, its just this past week. she sleeps from 8 till 1ish and then shes up every hour on the hour from then

Might be a growth spurt. Lucky for me Grace has always been a rubbish night sleeper

My boy was doing the same, waking up every hour from 2 in the morning. With him though it wasn't food, but rather that he was cold. It tends to get colder here from 2am onwards (didn't help he kicked his blanket off). Since I got a sleeping bag he hasn't woken up once.

Are you sure you LO is waking up for food? Could it be another reason they are waking up?

She whiges until I give her a bottle. I always make sure she's warm/cool enough and she won't take her dummy when she wakes, only her bottle

charlie wakes up at 1.30am then most nights hes up every hour after that but feed 2 or 3 times. Ive started giving a bit of baby rice once a day and no difference with that xxx

Until this last week, Aaron was waking up every two hours. When he was about 5 months old I got so desperate that I started introducing solids, but it had no effect on his sleeping at all.

Tommy usually goes from 11 til 7, but i have introduced half a rusk a day for the past 3 days, he has gone from 7 -8 til 7 -8 in the mornin, i havent woken him up for him 11 oclock bottle and he seems loads satisfied

good luck

h x

When I started Colton with food it didn't effect it at all. He was already sleeping 5hours in a row, but I wanted to see if I could get him to sleep a whole 8. He actually ended up not even sleeping for 5 hours for the first few days! Then after that he got his 5hrs back. He sleeps through now, but I dont think that has anything to do wtih him eating food.

Tom always slept through the night, but all of a sudden he started waking 30 mins earlier every night until he got back to four hourly - everyone told me to wean, so I have and he has quite a lot of baby rice with every feed, which he loves and takes with laughs and smiles. Now we are going back 30 mins every night and last night he went from 12-8! I was soooooooo pleased!

My doctor agreed he was ready and so did my HV (which suprised me!). apparantly if they take it with no problems then they are ready! I got a free cow & gate baby rice sample and on it it said to use one baby spoonful as a tester. Maybe try that?

I co-sleep with Skyler,so the night wakings doesnt really affect me as much.I have however noticed the past 2 weeks he is waking a lot more regularly to drink...

max has started waking up at 1 am too grrrr... I now dip his dummy in some apple sauce and he goes right back to bed lol don know if that will be a habit but it works for me now

I just wondered if when I start weaning will she stop waking up so much or is it just habit now and she'll still wake anyway?

I have similar probs with my LO who is nearly six months and has always been a crap sleeper. I think might be that your baby is waking and needing you because she associates drinking milk (even a little bit) with going to sleep. Every time she comes into a light sleep and partially wakes up, she can't self-settle and get herself back to sleep. It's hard to break the connection between feeding and sleeping but Elizabeth Pantley's book the No Cry Sleep Solution has some good ideas.

I feel for you!

Lucy

Seth is doing the same and Im so upset because he used to be only up once or twice in the night tops, now he's up every hour or so. Just dont know what to do with him :(

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"