Those with a coil fitted...

theres been a few people saying that theyve had miscarriages or chemical pregnancies and theyve had a coil fitted-i take it those pregnacies where unplanned/mistakes? xx

I was ttc when I had mine so didn't have the coil fitted at the time.

theres been a few people saying that theyve had miscarriages or chemical pregnancies and theyve had a coil fitted-i take it those pregnacies where unplanned/mistakes? xx

any pregnancies on the coil would be a coil failure.

the coil is not 100%, close to, but some women will fall pregnant with a normal pregnancy, ectopic or miscarriage whilst having the coil fitted

less than 1% per year

I have been posting in this thread

I am a medical professional trained in contraception and my info is from my own education and the NHS guidance not sourced from google and other internet sites.

sorry to the lady who has had a miscarriage and is offended by this thread :hugs:

unfortunately, the coil can cause a fetilized egg not to implant in some circumsatnces, I am very sorry if you are offended by this

Here is a quote from a medical journal... it is medical terms but the bold line basically means that the coil can cause an fertilized egg to be destroyed. Some may think of this as a miscarriage

The scientific findings on the effects of the IUD have evolved through time. In the 1960s, the American Medical Association said that IUDs worked by preventing implantation. [2] In the late 1980s, the World Health Organization and the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists stated that the IUD was not an abortifacient. [3] [4] In 1998, Moore and Peraud concluded that the IUD interfered with implantation. [5] In 2002, American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology stated that "although prefertilization effects are more prominent for the copper IUD, both prefertilization and postfertilization mechanisms of action contribute significantly to the effectiveness of all types of intrauterine devices"; and "the major postfertilization effect is destruction of the early embryo in the Fallopian tube." [6]

here is the paper that the info comes from if anyone wants to do there own research

Joseph B. Stanford and Rafael T. Mikolajczyk (2005). "Mechanisms of action of intrauterine devices: Update and estimation of postfertilization effects". American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology

as I have mentioned before, the coil also works by making the cervical mucous hostile to sperm, the lining of the womb unsuitable for implantation and the mirena coil can sometimes stop ovulation.

xxx

Thank you for your post, this confirms what i already read and will probably not be having one fitted, but im still going to speak to my GP about it xx

I have been posting in this thread

I am a medical professional trained in contraception and my info is from my own education and the NHS guidance not sourced from google and other internet sites.

sorry to the lady who has had a miscarriage and is offended by this thread :hugs:

unfortunately, the coil can cause a fetilized egg not to implant in some circumsatnces, I am very sorry if you are offended by this

Here is a quote from a medical journal... it is medical terms but the bold line basically means that the coil can cause an fertilized egg to be destroyed. Some may think of this as a miscarriage

The scientific findings on the effects of the IUD have evolved through time. In the 1960s, the American Medical Association said that IUDs worked by preventing implantation. [2] In the late 1980s, the World Health Organization and the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists stated that the IUD was not an abortifacient. [3] [4] In 1998, Moore and Peraud concluded that the IUD interfered with implantation. [5] In 2002, American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology stated that "although prefertilization effects are more prominent for the copper IUD, both prefertilization and postfertilization mechanisms of action contribute significantly to the effectiveness of all types of intrauterine devices"; and "the major postfertilization effect is destruction of the early embryo in the Fallopian tube." [6]

here is the paper that the info comes from if anyone wants to do there own research

Joseph B. Stanford and Rafael T. Mikolajczyk (2005). "Mechanisms of action of intrauterine devices: Update and estimation of postfertilization effects". American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology

as I have mentioned before, the coil also works by making the cervical mucous hostile to sperm, the lining of the womb unsuitable for implantation and the mirena coil can sometimes stop ovulation.

xxx

Thank you for your post, this confirms what i already read and will probably not be having one fitted, but im still going to speak to my GP about it xx

no problem
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"