Those with PCOS what diet do you follow?

chelseaharvey

Reaction score
Hi i have PCOS & it affects my cycles big time. They at the mo are about every 80 days (although i had ovarian drilling) & it bought them down to 36 days but now they are already increasing in lenght again

I was doing the cambridge diet, been doing it a few weeks & will admit i sturuggle, it is not so much the missing of the food, but as i have to cook for OH & my son & also we are very social people & the weekends i find a nightmare. We are always out & about, stopping in places for lunch/dinner or bow with the weather getting nice, we always have BBQs round ours & invite people or get invited to peoples houses

I started this diet at 11st 13 & am now 11st 5 so have not lost alot in these weeks & have not managed to do more than 3 days at a time :blush: I did it as i was off on holiday & wanted to lose what i could b4 then. I also know the great results you can get with the CB diet (if you stick with it)

I still do want to do it, i do struggle though to get the 3rd shake down me, the only ones i like are chocolate.

I am sure though that this is messing my cycle up, i had such a werid spotting/staining on the 18th of this month which lasted 3 days & came & went through the day & now here i am still waiting for AF to arrive.

I want to get down to 9st so have quite abit to lose. Im off to Turkey on thursday, so when i get back i am going to make the descion to either carry on or do something different (but i know i wont get such quick results dooing something different)

I have read that if you have PCOS the GI diet is meant to be good

What do you follow?

I have tried SW & WW but dont get on with it as you can still have the crisps/chocolate/diet drinks (& these are my downfal) i am also a massive binge eater have been for a few years (2007) & this is why i am now in the state i am in

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->