• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Thought I miscarried but not YET? Doubling hcg but internal bleeding in uterus?

Kimiw

Reaction score
Hi ladies so on Wednesday I announced my pregnancy was over, so I thought. My betas started low but were rising properly. My first was 7 48 hours later it was 16, 4 days later (Sunday oct 26) it was 82. I started cramping 2 days later then started bleeding. Contacted my RE (u was out if town) and he told me I was starting to miscarry. The cramping and bleeding continued (spotting) but it was off and on. I got back into town on Friday but the bleeding was still spotty and I was concerned so I went to the ER on Saturday morning. They did my beta which came back at 1500! Not expecting that, I thought for sure it was dropping. After doj g the math with regular doubling time, it should have been around 750 but it was much higher! They did an ultrasound and couldn't see anything because there was too much blood in my uterus. That's all they told me. Sent me home with a "threatened miscarriage" diagnosis put me on bed test and sent me home. Wth? They said I have a 50/50 chance of losing the baby. I go Monday for another beta to see what it says. Anybody know anything about internal uterine bleeding?

It could be a hematoma, or SCH. I had one with almost all of my pregnancies. The worst was actually with my successful pregnancy. I started bleeding almost right away after my bfp and a scan showed a sizeable clot in the womb. Usually, SCH stories have happy endings though there are increased risks of early labour and other issues (I had a tear in the placenta, for example). Thankfully, for me, the bleeding resolved itself around 26 weeks and the placenta healed itself and I ended up with a full-term delivery.

It does seem strange they couldn't see anything. How far along are you? An early scan might have been too soon to see anything either way, bleeding or no. If your betas go up properly on Monday again I would ask for another scan. And bleeding in early pregnancy is always given a 50/50 chance. i was told the same thing.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

I'm about 5 weeks. My RE told me that nothing can really be seen until hcg levels are are around 2500. My RE just told me to rest and he would see me Monday.

Definitely take it easy and drink lots of water. Water intake helps prevent your uterus from becoming irritated and crampy. With hematomas and bleeds in the womb it is more easily irritated and to get things going (I nearly went into labour with my son at 18 weeks...it was scary). Try to stay positive. Things have been going well for you so far.

I'm trying to stay calm. It's just hard to go from thinking I lost the baby to knowing I am still pregnant but baby is barley hanging on. I hope it sticks this is such am emotional roller coaster

I completely understand. I was the same way with my son. Since I had to be on bed rest almost right away, I spent the day watching TV and movies and doing everything I could to make myself forget I was pregnant so I didn't worry so much. When I was 8 weeks I thought I had miscarried (cramps, clots, the whole nine yards). It turned out there was a twin I hadn't known about and I had lost it but then the next day the u/s showed a living baby!! I was so, so shocked it took me awhile to be happy. It really is a roller coaster. There used to be a SCH group in the Pregnancy Group Discussion Forum but I haven't seen it in the first couple of pages anymore. It was such a wonderful place to be.

Thanks ladies, I'm trying to stay positive. I hope my hcg doubles again and they can see the baby in ultrasound soon.

I hope evrything goes alright. I had a similar situation with DD, even had heavy bleeding with large clots/tissue, they said I had an SCH and poss an undeveloped twin but DD was fine. I know it's really stressful, I hope you get your good news soon :flower:

Someone bumped the thread to the first page and it seems a few ladies are actively posting there. I'd recommend introducing yourself. It's good to have people who are going through the same thing to encourage each other.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-groups/142576-sch-group-subchorionic-hematoma-258.html

Hope this turns out to have a happy ending for you! Rest up and drink lots of water!

Thanks ladies! I appriciate the info!

Good luck Hun, I've bled in all my successful pregnancies, this one is almost 12 weeks and still holding on thus far. Hugs .... I know how exhausting it is having a difficult pregnancy.

They found an SCH in mine at the ER AT 6weeks and diagnosed me with threatened miscarriage and my levels did not double instead it went from 22800 to 26000. However another scan at 7w should a growing baby no reason to longer believe I'd miscarry. As you can see in my scan the SCH is very apparent to the right but he isn't very concerned anymore. Still on bedrest till next scan on 13th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->