Thought I should introduce myself!

kimandbump

Reaction score
Hi

I have been a lurker in here for a while and have gained alot of information and reassurance from reading your posts so I thought I should really come and say Hi!

My daughter was born by ec section in Jan at 34+4 due to severe preeclampsia. All a bit of a shock as I had been having a completely normal pregnancy until the day I had her. That morning I went to my GP with an ear infection, had my blood pressure taken and urine tested as my feet were a little swollen, was sent straight to hospital and was in theatre having my c section a few hours later. Alana was 3lb 4.5oz when she was born and spent 4 weeks in NICU then SCBU. We were very lucky as she never needed any help with her breathing and our only problems were temp reg/ weight gain/ feeding. Although she was a little early I see her as being small rather than premature.

I was determined to breast feed but whilst in hospital Alana had other ideas! We resorted to bottle feeding expressed milk as she was just not interested in the breast but kept trying every few days. She first latched on when she was 7 weeks old and is now a breast fed baby!

Alana is now almost 18 weeks old and is doing really well. She is really bright and alert and seems to be where she should be in terms of development. She has had a few problems in terms of weight gain, she was 7lb 15oz when she was weighed this week, so still way below the 0.4 centile for her corrected age.

Anyway sorry for the essay but I thought I would say Hi :wave:

Hiya Kim! And big well done for managing to breastfeed after 7 weeks :D xxx

congrats on ur lil princess! Am glad its going well and i pray it remains that way.x

Congratulation on your little princess and welcome. :) xx

Hi

Congratulations and welcome! I had severe pre-eclampsia as well but didn't find out till my 25 week check up, after having a completely problem-free pregnancy.

xxxx

Hey. Welcome and congratulations on ur baby girl xx hope everything keeps goin well and she starts to pile on the weight xxx

hey hun huge congratulations glad shes doing well. i had severe pre-eclampsia and its scary!!! its such a whirlwind when it all happen so quick hey. xx

Hello and a warm welcome! :hugs: It`s perfectly ok to be a lurker, I was one for the first few weeks until I had the courage to start sharing heh. Glad to hear your daughter is doing so well! Good job mom ;) :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->