Thought i would join you ladies so you can tell me I am not mad

LEK74

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm new but have been following this forum since I had a miscarriage on 21 July with our first baby. As with most of you I can't wait to try again, and had really high hopes when I did OPK's and saw got a positive on 12 August, so we tried, but just got AF on Sunday and its hit me really hard. At the time I had convinced myself that it was a bonus month as I wasn't expecting to Ov so soon etc. Its probably a sign that I wasn't ready as I am sure if we had been lucky I would be worried it was too soon, and I should have left it a cycle!

Just spent a hen weekend with a friend who is 5 mths pregnant and meeting up with another friend with a 2 wk old - got AF same morning - so found it really hard. I am sure the hormones don't help. I also thought I would have been past the 'danger' time and able to tell them all at the hen do had I still been pregnant :-( Also SIL is due in Nov and for a while we were both PG at same time, which was nice... but I find it hard to talk to her about it now, and that in turn makes me feel awful.

Anyway, I have programmed in the first cycle on a CBFM, which i purchased in desperation a day after MC started, so we have that to look forward to! And I keep reading the forums to keep me sane, its amazing how many people are in the same boat, and although I wouldn't wish this experience on anyone, I find other peoples stories comforting, and they make me more determined and stronger.

Phew feel better now. Hope everyone knows what I mean?

Welcome from lurking :D and sorry for your loss LEK :hug:

Wish you all the best for your new cycle, it's terrible just after mc when your body is all over the place but try keep your chin up.

I have a friend with 2 week old I went to visit yesterday, thankfully I don't find it too hard at the moment, not saying I'm over it but you have good days and low days. It helps on bnb as you know you are definately not alone

Hopefully your cdfm will do the job you want.

Sending lots of baby dust :dust: too you and take care :hug:

Hi LEK, poor you, I really feel your pain. The first AF after a MC is always horrible, it's just a reminder you are not pregnant. :hugs:

And having to be with friends who are pregnant or have tiny babies, it can be painful sometimes, hormones don't help either! :wacko:

I had my 2nd MC 3 weeks before you, had one normal cycle, and now waiting to catch the egg 2nd cycle. Hormones being all over the place it's not easy, you are clever to get the Ov test kits, I wish I had one....:winkwink:

I saw someone on here the other day, pregnant at 18 weeks after 5 MC's, so there are some great stories on here, and actually the girls on here are very upbeat and positive, which has helped me loads! I think I would be quite down if I wasn't on this site actually, no-one in real life is even close to understanding how it feels. :hugs:

Hope you get your BFP next cycle, and in the meantime hang around here, cos it's such a supportive place. Take care :hugs::flower::hugs::dust:

so sorry for your loss, :hugs:
i totally understand how you feel, i am having a bad day today, i think im more peed off today than anything, im sick and tierd of trying for a baby, it took 3 LONG years to get a pos hpt and now we have to start all over again!
its only been 2 weeks and im already obsessing, every time i pee its on an opk and i find myself getting more frustrated by the day, i still do not want to see anyone and the only people i talk to about any of this is ladies on here.
i had major trouble even ov before and now i really think i will go back to that and i just cannot face years of opks and temping for nothing all over again.
everyone keeps saying its one of them things and atleast you know you can concieve, but i dont, i know i did but whos to say it will happen again.
im glad your feeling pos about using your cbfm and i hope it helps bring your bfp very soon for you,
im sorry for ranting on your thread, i just came across it and can really relate to how your feeling right now. xx

Awww thanks ladies, its so comforting to know that other people are going through the same thing. I felt sorry for myself before I came 'lurking' :) but then realised that there were many things to be thankful for compared to some peoples experiences. I don't mean to make that sound like I felt better when I saw someone elses pain, I mean, I snapped myself out of my wallow I think.

My hubs says we are 'silver hunters' as we always try and find the silver lining on any cloud, no matter what it is and I can't help thinking that in some Karmic way it happened so that I could see what an amazing husband he was (although I should have told Karma that I knew already!)

I knew splashing out on a CBFM was quite excessive at the time, but then I thought that if it eliminated any doubt about timings then it was worth every penny, fingers crossed it works - just need to get over the 'not pregnant this month' thing - nobody tells you at school how HARD it is to have a successful pregnancy do they?!

Hugs to you all, xx

Hi hun,
Yes this is the best place to air all your concerns! I miscarried in March and I have bad days and I have distraught days every month when I get my period and was convinced I was preggas its heartbreaking. No one but us knows this pain. Last period my neice was born so I had same concerns as you but it was ok, my boss got pregnant with me and is due soon, it is hard as life goes on and we are still thinking I would have been 8 months etc. Just give it time and talk to those close to you, you will never forget this baby but I agree with you things happen for a good reason. Mourn and be upset when you need to. Good luck xxx

Hiya,

Yes there are too many of us that can share your pain. I had a MMC in March, followed by a CP this month. It sounds like you're hubby is giving you all the right advice. I think the silver lining is that when we do all get our healthy pregnancies, we'll be able to appreciate what a gift they really are. Good luck to you.

Hi Lek, welcome...I am new here too...well just new to this section of the board. I had a mc about a week and a half ago at 7.5 weeks. It was my first pregnancy and we were so thrilled and excited and now I am left feeling empty. I also don't want to see anyone and it doesn't help that a lot of my close friends are either pregnant or have babies. It helps to come on here and see that we are not alone and that others know exactly how we are feeling.

I haven't tried the CBFM yet, although I did use the CB OPK's the month that we did conceive...I have more that I may use before my next AF in the hopes that I ov soon. I might look into the monitor though, it might be worth a shot!

Good luck to you!:hugs:

Hi LEK, welcome, very sorry for your loss hun :hugs:

our post could easily have been written by me 6 months ago. Getting AF around the same time as other peoples good news is always a devestating day. It all gets easier though, as they say, time is a fantastic healer

And you have the wonderous CBFM in your life now! I really found that took the stress out of ttc xx

Welcome to the forum, so sorry for your loss :(
It's so hard to cope with a mc when all around you friends/family are getting pregnant/are pregnant or have given birth.

Good luck with ttc hun I hope you get your :bfp: this cycle :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->