Thought this was Funny!

PitBullMommy

Princess, FF & Angel Mom
Reaction score
My DH found this and sent me the link, mods if it's not allowed please remove and sorry!

https://www.beloblog.com/ProJo_Blogs/offbeat/2007/12/some_scientists_think_theyve_f.html

December 14, 2007
Why pregnant women don't tip over
Some scientists think they've found the answer to a question that has perplexed people for years.

They now know why pregnant women don't tip over.

The scientists say that evolution has provided women with slight differences from men in their lower backs and hip joints, allowing them to adjust their center of gravity, according to the Associated Press.

"That's a big load that's pulling you forward," says Liza Shapiro, an anthropology professor at the University of Texas and the only one of the study's three authors who has actually been pregnant. "You experience discomfort. Maybe it would be a lot worse if (the design changes) were not there."

Apparently, before this evolutionary change took place, pregnant women were constantly rolling out of their caves. Some would roll for miles until the other cave men and women, running and grunting furiously, could catch up to them and stop them.

This was great fun for the unborn cave babies, but a real pain for their moms. Dealing with morning sickness is difficult enough without having to worry about rolling into a wooly mammoth or a saber-toothed tiger.

The scientists' discovery also provides another reason why it's a good thing that men don't get pregnant. Aside from whining constantly, we'd keep tipping over.

that is hilarious, how on earth did cave woman use to roll around without getting hurt. THANKS YOU GAVE ME A GIGGLE. xx

:laugh2: could you imagine xmas shopping with pregnant women rolling about the place? :rofl:

^^^ it would be like "oh man here comes another one.....ready? one....two....three....jump! ok ok there she goes, good thing we got out of her way!":rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->