Thoughts of the name Lois

stephanie1990

Reaction score
Hi Ladies.

So what are you thoughts on the name lois?

I was thinking Lois mae roberts

My other two girls are;

Ella grace roberts
Amelia rose roberts

I'd also love some suggestions! Xx

That's my name!

I am indifferent about it. I like it because of how unusual it is, there were no other kids in my whole school with my name, and I have only met a handful of people with my name. I get excited if I see my name somewhere!

One thing I hated, and I would definitely bear it in mind since your other two have more common names, is you will NEVER find anything with her name on it. It sounds like such a silly thing, but my sister had hairbands, bangles, necklaces ETC with her name on it and I had nothing. I was really jealous!

Also, a lot of people are a bit dim and can't pronounce or spell it. I have been called Lewis or Louis or Louise or even Rose. It does get a bit irritating!

At primary school the Superman jokes used to get upsetting, but now I just roll with the Family Guy ones!

Everyone compliments me on my name but I guess the practicality of having an unusual name sucka a bit.

I like Lois! I'd love to meet a little Lois.
I'm not sure I like it with your daughters names though as they are quite common and modern whereas Lois is quite old fashioned. But I dont think it matters that much if you love the name x

Some suggestions: Ella, Amelia &...
Lilah/Lyla/Lila, Charlotte, Isabella/Isabelle, Olivia, Sophia/Sophie, Matilda, Grace, Freya, Ava, Chloe, Leah, Lucy

I like it! A friend of a friend has a 5 year old called Lois and Ive always thought it was lovely

I really like the name. Could be because a lady I work with is called Lois, and she is a beatiful person in and out.

I went to school with a Lois and my toddler has a Lois as a friend. I like it. X

I like it and think it goes well with your other girls x

I like it though I did think of Superman immediately but there are a few on to now to make it more familiar.

I love Lois my friends 7 year old is Lois so its off the cards for us but it is beautiful :flower:

I like Lois would love to meet a little Lois. Haven't ever heard it being used but I think it fits with the vintage/hipster names that are so popular now x

I don't really like Lois, it is not nearly as beautiful as Ella or Amelia. If I was the third girl I'd be bummed I didn't get a pretty name. Lois reminds me of Superman or a dowdy librarian, sorry! Seems most others love it though...

I don't really like Lois, it is not nearly as beautiful as Ella or Amelia. If I was the third girl I'd be bummed I didn't get a pretty name. Lois reminds me of Superman or a dowdy librarian, sorry! Seems most others love it though...
I sure am not a librarian 😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->