Thoughts on 4D scans??

Sunshine12

New Mummy
Reaction score
Ill be honest and say I think the technology behind it is amazing and complete respect anyone that decides to get one but I find 4D scans a bit strange looking. Just wondered if its just me or if anyone else doesnt really like them.

(p.s this isnt intended to offend anyone BTW, Im just keen to know if Im being weird or non maternal because I wouldnt want to see my baby via this method. :hugs:)

I think some of them look amazing but some just look plain weird!! That said though I think we will be getting one this time round (possibly last one and all that!)

Totally agree ive always said they just look werid! They just remind me of like molded butter or something. Plus it ruins the suprise of what lo wl look like

Totally understand what you are saying :) I dont think ill have one - i think it will ruin the surprise and if i had one and was dissappointed (not really clear etc) i think i'd be a bit gutted. A woman i work with brought in some 4d pictures of her daughters scan and they were almost scary! this put me right off x

I totally see where you're coming from. I felt the same way before I got one done (because my OH wanted it), but when you see your unborn baby yawning, waving, opening his/her eyes, and interacting with you during a scan where you can really see what it all looks like, it's totally different than just seeing other people's pictures.

They definitely do look like clay babies, though. LOL

Got one with my daughter, I paid $125 and the first time we tried at 31 weeks, but Iwas low on amniotic fluid and I had to go back every time until 39 weeks, I got 4d pics every time, but it wasn't the way she wanted. Was great got to see my little baby and pucs turned out great. Will do it again this time

i know what you mean, it more because the scan is yellow/orangeish it looks like earwax (no offense) i bet its an amazing experience though!!

I'm having one done, so excited. My parents are buying us it as part of our christmas. Some pics do look strange but itl be amazing to see LO 3/4 of the way thru the pregnancy x

i think there amazing :cloud9:

to be able to see what the baby is up to in there is fantastic :flower:

My MIL thinks it's a NEED not a WANT. She thinks the kid will turn out weird if we don't get one.

I personally won't get one as where I live doesn't offer them, but it would fascinate me to be able to see it for myself.

We are getting one too. I think they are amazing. OH's dad is buying it for us as a gift. Prob cos its his first grandchild too. I would like to do one anyway at arounf 30 weeks or so. That way i get to see my baby every 10 weeks or so. Had NT scan at 12 weeks. Next is in Jan at 20 weeks and then we will do the private one at 30 weeks. Dont think i could go 20 weeks without seeing him/her

xx

my husband is a medical doctor, kind of old-fashioned. He thinks ultrasound can do everything, so 4D scan is not necessary, it is more of a cosmetic reason. Sorry, no offence. I wouldnt mind to have one, but i respect his opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->