Thoughts on Eamon?

nmpjcp2015

Raising Baby Sam :)
Reaction score
DH really likes it, but we are afraid it will be frequently mispronounced here in the U.S.

Our other choices are:
Asa
Luke
Jack
Noah

Thoughts?

Meh personally of Eamon. Not my cup of tea but that's my opinion. I do like Luke though.

I love Luke and Noah.

Not overly keen on Eamon but it’s not very common so I guess it’d be quite unique :)

Thanks for the feedback. DH is not liking it anymore either.

I love Eamon! Asa..how is that one pronounced?

I'm not sure how it is pronounced, but personally I don't like it. I do like Luke, Jack & Noah. :)

I love Luke, Jack and Noah! Our baby is due in 2 weeks and he is Noah, so of course that's my favorite. Eamon reminds me of "demon." lol..

Eamon reminds me of Eamon Holmes and I'm just not a fan of it. I like Luke. :)

Eamon is too close to demon ...

I am partial to Noah (my son's middle name)

Luke is adorable too!

Love luke jack and Noah not keen on Eamon

I like Eamon. It's unique and striking. You're right that pronunciation could be hard but it's miles more distinctive than names like Noah or Luke -- which are great names, just very popular. Noah was THE most popular name in 2016 so your son will have a lot of Noahs in his classes and friend groups. I have a name about that popular among my peer group, the top five the year I was born, and I never feel that attached to it because it's just so generic to me.

I like Eamon. It's unique and striking. You're right that pronunciation could be hard but it's miles more distinctive than names like Noah or Luke -- which are great names, just very popular. Noah was THE most popular name in 2016 so your son will have a lot of Noahs in his classes and friend groups. I have a name about that popular among my peer group, the top five the year I was born, and I never feel that attached to it because it's just so generic to me.

This was one of the reasons I liked the name so much. I have a name that's often mispronounced though, and it's frustrating to me. It makes me think twice. Maybe if we were Irish it would make more sense.

This was one of the reasons I liked the name so much. I have a name that's often mispronounced though, and it's frustrating to me. It makes me think twice. Maybe if we were Irish it would make more sense.

I think there are downsides to both uncommon and super-common names! I like Asa too, but it could also be tougher for people to pronounce.

Have you thought of names that are similar to Eamon, like Edmund?

We gave our older DS a name that's popular and well-liked, but never get any comments on it. My younger DS has a name that's a little more unusual (although there is a book/movie with a boy with that name, so I think it's getting more popular) and we get a lot of positive comments on it.

Ewan is nice and on the same lines of Eamon I think, but much nicer and more masculine sounding to me.

I am in the minority I think, I like Eamon. I think Asa would be more mispronounced than Eamon. Luke and Noah are nice but super common.
Maybe Ian or like LoraLoo suggested Ewan?
I have a name that's common but always misspelled (Meghann) so I get it being frustrating but I just gave up and don't care anymore lol :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->