Thoughts on having 2 middle names?

Breeelizabeth

Reaction score
I've known my babies' name since I found out I was pregnant, she was always going to be Charlotte Alexis, but I've been thinking I want to give her two middle names. My last name starts with B and as silly as it is, I don't want her initials to be CAB (hahah) so I was thinking of making her Charlotte Alexis Yvonne. Also because my grandmother Yvonne is the only one in our family who didn't have her name passed on somewhere in the next generation.
What are your thoughts on having 2 middle names? Is it too much of a mouthful?

Since you don't often use middle names I don't see why not, my grandfather and my brother have 3 middle names theirs flow really well so it isn't a mouthful.
Xx

I see no problem at all with 2 middle names.

My DS had 3 and his flows perfectly.
My little girl will have 2 middle names when she's here as we knew her name from day one but changed one middle name to include a name, that was the middle name of someone so close to me, who I sadly lost last year.

At the end of the day, she's your child, if you feel like it sounds perfect, go with it, no one can change your mind once you have it set on something :)

My DS has 2 middle names. I didn't take OHs surname when we got married so I gave my surname to DS as a second middle name.

I would do it with important names, for example the girl name we liked we would have done two middle names because it was the middle names of my grandmothers, I wouldn't do it just to have one nice sounding name (or 2 nice names) and an important one. But to me I don't see the point in just nice sounding middle names, middle names to me are always something poignant, usually from family. That is just my personal opinion for names in my own family.

I like it - flows well & I think it will be nice to include your grandma's name.

One of my daughters and one of my sons have two middle names, they are family names, I think it goes well and is a lovely way to pass on your Nan's name :)

My daughter has two middle names - she's Isabelle Rose Iris
Bump is also having two middle names - Eliza Poppy Georgia
& any future children will. All the names we use have a big meaning too us.X

I personally like it. Thank goodness I do cause that's typical for here in this family it seems. My SO is Anders Dennis Alfred Öhman but goes by Dennis. His father is Ulf Anders Conrad Öhman and goes by Anders. Its kind of odd but oh well!

I never used to be a fan of 2 middle names, but my DH has 2, and I quite like it, because he is named after his grandfathers. I think if it gives meaning to the name, go for it! :)

I think Yvonne is beautiful and it flows well!

My children will all have two middle names, mostly because I am a name nerd and yet I don't want a dozen children.

I'm pro two names especially when one is a family name or something meaningful. Middle names are also great when you have an awkward name to pass down or love an unusual name which divides people. We would consider 2. Our surname begins with N, so a mn with a vowel tends to spell stuff too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->