Thoughts on Swaddle Blankets?

knk2011

Reuben's Mummy :)
Reaction score

I've got one on order from Asda, there was a 3 pack for £20 odd, but I just one on it's own to see if they're any good as I've heard not all baby's like them.

What are your experiences/are you trying them??

I figure as it's summer, it would be much easier to wrap him in one of those and put him in his moses, less of a worry about blankets coming loose etc.

i swear by the swaddle. they feel alot more secure

Personally I hated swaddling, Oliver was born in March and it was cold, and he was a hot baby and the swaddling made it worse. We went to cellular blankets and he seemed happier.

Looks like it will be a mixture of trial and error then. Glad I've only ordered the one for now then.

I would really just wait and see how it goes, then if he likes being swaddled then oyu can get some more. You can swaddle with muslins etc as well so they are cooler x

Yeah I've got 3 really big muslin blankets, do you think I should get more? But maybe smaller ones which I can just use as burp cloths. I bought a 3 pack but not really sure how many I'll need. I suppose if I find I need more when he's here I can always go and buy some.

I have 12 muslins, and will most prob get more as O was really sicky and I used them for everything lol x

Wow! lol
These are really large ones so may keep them as blankets and get some of the smaller, cheaper ones from Asda then.

It also shocked me when OH's mum and my mum both told me I should have atleast 8 sets of sheets for his pram and moses basket, because I could be changing them up to 2-3 times a day if he poos through his cloths etc lol.

I swaddled at night but not during the day so my son became aware of what was night Night and day, by the time he was 5wks old he was sleeping right through so I will deffinately be doing it again this time! They should feel more secure like when in the womb xx

I swaddled my first but never used these specific swaddle wraps. I just used a flat sheet or large muslin - it lasted for about 4 months until he figured out how to release his arms. we then went onto a baby sleeping bag and he loved those.

I looked at the swaddle wraps this time but just couldn't justify spending that much

They are quite expensive. I think I will try maybe using the swaddle wrap just at night time.

I've ordered 3 swaddle wraps for now,baby will b a summer baby so plan to use these then the sleeping bags when its colder

I was swaddled before swaddlers were even invented, so I will try the swaddle blankets but I'll also be using his receiving blankets to swaddle him and see which he likes better.

I swaddled at night but not during the day so my son became aware of what was night Night and day, by the time he was 5wks old he was sleeping right through so I will deffinately be doing it again this time! They should feel more secure like when in the womb xx

WOW :flower: what a great idea!!!!!!

I bought some, but then my baby girl was born and i found out that she hates her arms swaddled in anything. The halo sleepsacks are working better for her since I can leave her arms out. It just all depends on what the baby likes.

Definitely glad I just ordered the one! Just in case he hates them.

I swaddled my first but never used these specific swaddle wraps. I just used a flat sheet or large muslin - it lasted for about 4 months until he figured out how to release his arms. we then went onto a baby sleeping bag and he loved those.

I looked at the swaddle wraps this time but just couldn't justify spending that much

Same here. I swaddled my first two babies and plan to this time...it's great to make them feel secure. However. I used receiving blankets to swaddle them and I will be sticking with those blankets this time around as well. It blows my mind how expensive those swaddling blankets are...I can't justify spending that much money when I know receiving blankets work just as good.

Some people complain about the receiving blankets coming undone...I personally would rather buy some Velcro to add to the receiving blankets.

I have one on hand in baby's hospital bag just in case he does need/want to be. It's a nice lightweight cotton one that I think will be good for a summer baby.

All babies are different, though. According to my mom, when my brother was born, he'd scream his head off if swaddled, but I liked it just fine.

Wow! lol
These are really large ones so may keep them as blankets and get some of the smaller, cheaper ones from Asda then.

It also shocked me when OH's mum and my mum both told me I should have atleast 8 sets of sheets for his pram and moses basket, because I could be changing them up to 2-3 times a day if he poos through his cloths etc lol.

We have four sets now (with twins) and DH is complaining I bought too much. :haha: He has no idea.

I used cotton jersey to swaddle my son as it was summer and that was lightweight. breathable and stretchy for a good swaddle that even our little houdini couldnt undo! This is the same material the wraps are made from but I liked to swaddle in the old fashioned russian style as my son had a terrible moro reflex! I have bought some 100% cotton lightweight jersey from ebay for this one and now how have two swaddle blankets for less than a fiver! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->