Thoughts on the name Seren?

Moolia

Bfp 26/1/11 :)
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I know Seren is a popular girls' name in Wales but not so much in England. I think it's a really pretty name and like the fact that it's not too common and that it means 'star' :)
Can I have some honest opinions please?
Thanks x

I only know of one seren in my area, it's cute =)

I've never heard the name before - i'm in the US. I say go for it if you love it! :thumbup:

Thanks ladies. To be honest, I'd never heard of it either until trawling the Internet in search of names! Which is why I wanted opinions :) Apparently it was the 5th most popular girl's name in Wales last year but only 151st in England! I don't know of anyone with the name though!

A friend's sister has a Seren. I have to be honest, at first I was unsure how to pronounce it when I saw it written down - I thought Se-REN rather than SE-ren.

But I think it is more widely know now, and it very pretty :0)

I'm biased, as it's my DD's name but I love it.

We chose it because we loved the meaning of serendipity, and Seren was a shortened version of that.

Then found out that Seren means star in welsh. And we were sold.

I'm from the uk too, and everyone absolutely loved the name when she was born.

Hope that's helps xxx

I like it, it's very pretty. I don't know any IRL but I'd use it.

I am not sure how to pronounce it but I do like how i have been pronouncing it.

Sear-in

Is it Sare-en like Sarah?

I love it, its a beautiful name for a little girl and a grown woman.

Thank you so much ladies :) It feels weird being so set on a name this early on (my ds wasn't named until 5 days after birth!) but the more I think about it and say it, the more I just love it!! :) x

I adore the name, my friends girl is called Seren Noelle. I had never heard the name previously ever before so I think its unique. Id love to use the name but obviously cant as I cant use the name my friend has used. I say DEFINATELY go for it!! my girl is gong to be called Rayna Fae.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->