Thoughts on the quinny buzz3 please!

dovehouse

Reaction score
Very excited,thought i was getting my brother and sister in laws hand me down pram,which would have been great to save money but its huge and heavy and bulky and i was stressing about havin it.went to babies r us,we were passing so popped in.wasnt properly looking but i was by the quinny when the assistant came over and was demonstrating the easy fold down and up,and the different seat positions etc.my husband has never wanted a three wheeler but was impressed with the technology of the folding!and the smoothness of pushing it about! I love it.also we have a corsa and have heard it will fit in the boot with the wheels still on.we wouldn get the carrycot,esp cos having summer baby so doubt its needed.will get maxi cosi car seat with the bottom bit so can fix it in car and the seat that has many positions-i take it it can be used for the baby to lie down in so its ok for longer that 2hours unlike car seat where they say no more than 2hour as baby not fully lying down? anyone got a quinny?what made u choose it? Anyone not liking it and why?also where is cheapest place to get it?looking on ebay too. Thanks for any help!

im hoping to get this one,
when folded its one of the smallest prams you can buy! my cousin has it and shes had no problems with it what so ever, i know the carseat is £110 in mothercare and then you have to buy the chassis im getting the buzz storm which is £150, But if you dont have the money in one big go you can pay monthly/weekly payments to mothercare and they deliver the pram 2 weeks before the baby is due! hope this helps hun :)
xxx

My SIL has it and finds it heavy, takes up too much room in the boot (she drives a lexus) and her son hates being in it too! She uses a mclaren now he's big enough to sit up by himself. My cousin also had one and found it too heavy for getting in and out the car, so she got a mclaren for her daughter as soon as she could.

Having said that, many people love them so I suppose it's a personal choice. Did you try picking it up quite high as if you were putting it in the boot of your car? I'd definitely have another play with it - and take a kid with you too. Don't forget it will be two stone heavier with a small toddler in it too x

someones actually selling one quite cheap on here;
https://www.babyandbump.com/buy-swa...-3-black-cost-me-390-sell-250-immaculate.html
considering they do a carry case for them and they are quite small when folded i'd say their much lighter than any other pram, i have a graco pram that im planning to sell as i bought it and its far too heavy i think compared to other baby prams its pretty light
xxx

i have it for my 1yr old and hate it....its bulky,wide heavy, and awkward to put in the boot. Also it has opened on my hand a few times and bruised it....the folding mechanism has also become very stiff on mine making it a nitemare to open/close. Sorry to tell u all the negative but its really not worth the money

i have it and love it!
its easy to fold, looks gorgeous and is well padded.
at first it was my hubby that wanted it and i wanted to get a silver cross 3d (well actually an icandy but hubby didnt want to pay the huge amount) so we went babies r us to test them both out using our 1 yr old to test them lol.
he cried and wanted to get out the silvercross when we put him in but when we put him in the quinny he layed back and sat there,i was actually quite shocked, he must have been comfortable and this is what made me go with the quinny in the end as my son is a fussy one i knew if he was happy it was a good pram lol, was hard for me to admit as i had gone on to my hubby silvercross was the one we were getting.
my son didnt look squished at all in it either and looked like hed last a while longer before id have to change to the xlr seat, so knew it would last us ( though i will prob still invest in a small stroller whens shes older.) plus it does look lovely we got it in strawberry and now i cant wait to use it.
i do think it looks a lil bulky , think its the back wheels but im over that now,alot of prams these days are starting to have big wheels and it still folds down and fits great in our boot(we have an audi a4)with my sons maclaren xlr in there too:)
i have also got the a shopping basket and a shopping clip for all my bags when i go shopping, footmuff, another set of wheels to turn it into a buzz4 when i fancy a little change and dreami carrycot for it.
xxx

I have a quinny buzz and love it although it is pretty bulky and takes up most of the boot in our Astra so not sure how it would fit in a corsa!! It is a brilliant pushchair but we also bought a baby jogger city mini for in the car, quite a bit smaller!

This time we are getting the icandy peach blossom x

if you was really worried about it being heavy and that, the quinny zapp is super light!
xx

I second checking whether it fits in a corsa. I have a new fiat 500 and my buzz only fits in without the wheels. We needs a bigger car so saving up for one.

I currently have a quinny buzz and it will fit in my sport ka. I put the chassis in first then the seat unit and pop 1 wheel off and voila!!! It takes me less than 3 minutes to do it so not a huge task!
I am a fan of the buzz, yes it does feel a bit heavier but the air filled tyres adds to this. My daughter has also been really comfy in it so i'm sure no complaints from her. I had the dreami carry cot as she was born in winter and this was used however not sure if it would have been so much had it been summer.
It is great to use with the maxi cosi.
I would however, if you can probably buy second hand. We paid over £600 pound for everything and now i'm looking to sell it (we had twins on the way) i will be lucky if i get half the money back.
You can really grab a bargain.
If you have anymore questions pm me xxx

I thought the purpose of the carry cot was so the baby could lie flat, which the seat doesn't do, rather than something seasonal...is that not the case?

i was told today that the baby can still lie flat in the seat, just not in the car seat and that the only difference with the carry cot was that the baby is a little bit more protected from weather but since we are having a may baby it shouldbt be too bad.

Ha ha when did we last have a warm, dry, summer?!?! If this year or last year is anything to go by I reckon my bub will need protective cover from all that bloody rain! Just as well I have the carrycot...

i bought the carrycot for the main fact it looked so comfy it made me wish i could fit and get snug lol. xx

im sorry i just found those proms so terribly ugly and amusing i cant help but to laugh when i see them:)

I had a buzz fr my dd but not until she was 6 months old and i wish i'd had it sooner, i had a zapp too but found it too flimsy! I have a buzz this time and can't wait to use it! WE've bought the dreami which looks so cosy! Its easy to fold, push etc and i personally love the look of it!
As for small boots, i managed to get it into my friend's kia picanto, one of the smallest boots in the world! I love it!!! x

ah thanks for your comments. i changed my facebook status to something like....am entering the nightmare world of prams, how hard can it be to make a decision?? and out of the 3 comments so far,.,,,,2 said quinny!! we are off to mothercare and babies r us to have a play about and to ask if they would mind showing us how to fit it in the car boot and how to put the car seat in so we can check the space in our tiny corsa....its a three door too....thjink we may need a bigger car!!! cant believe what a nightnmare this is becoming and i still got til may yet!!!we are tyring to pace ourselves and get bigger things out the way....next is the cot!!

I thought the purpose of the carry cot was so the baby could lie flat, which the seat doesn't do, rather than something seasonal...is that not the case?

I thought this too. I have one and the dreami carrycot is where the baby can be lay flat when it is newborn.
I don't think the pushchair seat would allow the baby to lie flat as it is "stepped" for a toddler / older baby to sit up in (might be wrong though), it would always be in a sitting position and not as flat as it would be in the carrycot... Plus the fleecey dreami carrycot looks so snuggly too so I just had to get one!

Joanne xx

The seat unit does lie totally flat, if the seat is fitting in the rear facing position it has different degrees of flatness! Which is why it is suitable from birth. Also the 2008 onward models come with an xl seat which is for an older child. Have just changed it over on mine, and lexie is 1, so yes that seat is more stepped.
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"