thoughts on this article.

overcomer79

LT-TTC success 3.5yrs
Reaction score
This showed up on my facebook. I want to hear thoughts. I want be reading this as my ds was induced for being overdue and dd was an IUGR baby and had to be induced as well.

"First: this doesn't prove that induction or augmentation cause autism, but the increased rate of autism among children whose labors were induced/augmented is significant enough to warrant conversation and additional study. This study also brings up almost a dozen other factors that have been linked to an increased rate.

The truth is, we have no idea what causes autism. Perhaps some day we will be able to look back and pinpoint something, or perhaps it's a combination of many things. This new study reminds us that most of the interventions we use in modern obstetrics have not been studied in the long term--something else to consider when you are deciding if the (known and unknown) benefits of an intervention are worth the (known and unknown) risks.

Footnote: You may notice that I very rarely dip into this conversation, but I think this study is significant enough that it's important to speak up. I generally avoid conversations about "preventing" autism because I feel the conversation often veers into ableist territory. It is important to keep in mind that autistic folks are human beings, many of whom can read and react to what we are saying, and to consider how they might feel or interpret the things we choose to write."

https://www.obgynnews.com/single-vi...e3627e8cb3df41.html?tx_ttnews[sViewPointer]=1

I just know there are some that like to dive into the science and stuff.

I was induced and so were my neice and nephew. We are all not autistic. I think they are grasping at straws.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->